I'm 21 she's 17. Too big of an age gap?

She turns 18 soon and is in college. Will people look down upon that?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• This is very sweet!
    Know you might have different circumstances in life because you are different ages. But love... love has no age limit.

• That's not a big age gap. Besides age is just a number. Why care what we think? If you two are happy together and love each other then that's all that should matter.

• Age is just a number. There have been plenty of people who have dated with bigger age gaps. As long as you guys are happy and you both are of legal ages, no harm done! :)

• It's not that big of a difference. Remember: Age is just a number, as long as you love each other for who they are, that's all that matters.

• I wouldn't. You both are adults. Who cares what others think?

• Eh kinda but my neighbor is 15 and the guy she's dating is 24 and she's pregnant

• That's so cute. My boyfriend is 21 and I'm 17. There will be people that disagree but who cares. It's your relationship. As long you don't let it get to you, there won't be a problem.

• I don't think it's a big deal...

What Guys Said 5

• You're fine. The gap is nothing, its more just the specific ages. In our society, for whatever reason, being over 21 has cultural significance, and being under 18 has cultural significance.

If you're worried about what other people think, you could even take things slowly and avoid PDA before her birthday. That might eliminate 90% of your nay-sayers.

• No not really, most parents are within 5 years of each other. From the 1900's and back men married women with a 10-30 year age difference. So no, not a big gap.

• Some miiight, but I don't know bro I think you'll be alright. I don't see the problem with it.

• You're fine man.

• Of course it is, perv!

Now, if you were a 17 y/o girl asking if it was okay to date a 21 y/o guy it would be totally fine.