Would you be disappointed if your online date was short?

Research has shown that on dating sites, the men that get the least messages and dates are short men. I don't have it listed for that reason. I only just signed up a couple of months ago but almost every time a girl asked for my height (and I tell her), she just started ignoring me. This is why I pretty much gave up on it. When I do go on now I never lie about my height, I just avoid telling the girl at all.

But here is my question:
If you went on a date with a guy you met online, would you be disappointed if when you met him, you found out that he was short? By short I mean anywhere from 4 inches shorter than you to the same height.

I am afraid to go on a date with anyone I meet online because of this. I don't want to be sitting there like an idiot while she is looking for the first opportunity to leave.
I am 19 if that matters at all.

• Yes, I would leave immediately
  • Yes, I would wait for the first opportunity to leave
  • Yes, I would be, but I would give him a chance
  • Probably
  • No, I wouldn't be

Most Helpful Girl

• i would be disappointed because i was basically lied to not because he's not tall. it would be like a fat chick not denying she's fat but avoiding telling the guy her weight.

i would still give him a chance but he wouldn't be my type at all as im only 5,3 which means he'd be -4, 11 - 5,3. you just have to accept peoples preferences and find the ones that dont care as much, hiding it from people until they meet you in person is no different to being up front about it online theyre still going to have the same opinion of you but youve wasted more of their time and more of your time if things dont work out

• It's not like I would not answer her if she asked. Every girl I have ever met cares about height..
      "im only 5,3 which means he'd be -4, 11 - 5,3"
      I don't understand that. What is the difference between you dating a guy who is 5'3 and a girl who is 5'11 dating a guy who is 5'11? Where do the guys in that bracket fit in? I'm genuinely curious.

• because you said he would be each answerers height or lower and im already short so we would look like two 14 year olds together. i get mistaken for a young teen often enough on my own and whenever im with a male friend he is also assumed to be a young teen

im not saying youd straight up lie if she asked but you said you avoid telling them like fat chicks also avoid telling guys about their weight to get more dates

What Girls Said 1

• I'd still give him a chance. I'd be a little upset but if he's generally a good person then it wouldn't matter and if it mattered I'm obviously not the right person for him.

What Guys Said 1

• I would be. I can't date a short man. I AM a short man. That's too much genetic fail.

• As per the genetics. The genes for longer height are recessive and for shorter height are dominant in Human.