I don't want to get his name tattooed on my body?

I don't want his name tattooed on me because I feel that getting your partner's name tattooed on you is bad luck to the relationship. And I told him not to get my name either. What if we break up... we're stuck with each other's name, that is permanent and way too expensive to remove.

Have you meet a couple who have their partners name tattooed on them and they are still together?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should not put name tattoos on your body. "What if we break up... we're stuck with each other's name, that is permanent and way too expensive to remove" you are absolutely right.
    Yes I met a couple who have their partners name tattooed on them and they are still together because they are happily married and have kids.
    If he loves you, he should not force you.

What Guys Said 4

• I have never known anyone that had their current partner's name tattooed on them. It's always the name of someone from their past.

• Don't get it done... Sounds like you already know that

• I've heard of people doing it and immediately breaking up. So bad idea. Don't do it, and don't let him do it. Besides, it'll be hard for future relationships. Assume you break up and you find another guy... Depending on where the tat is, he'll end up seeing it and say "Who's (Insert name here)?" That'd be an embarrassing conversation...

• Nothing last forever much less relationships now a days. Plus its tacky af to get someone's name tatted its so 90's

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't want to do it, then don't. Personally, I wouldn't either. And on a personal level, no I do not know any that have and are still together. Some do though have matching tattoos and are still together. But, that's just my experience with it. I still wouldn't do it, names, matching or what have you.

• Girl, don't do it. My ex-husband and I got our wedding rings tattooed. Notice that I referred to him as an ex? Yeah, marriage didn't work. So those ring tattoos? Epic fail. Now I have to figure out if I should do a removal or a cover-up. I'm still a hopeless romantic, but it can't be denied that a lot of relationships are doomed to fail. So if you have his name tattooed, and then you break up, that's gonna suck big time. Explain to him that even though you love him, both of you have to acknowledge that relationships can fail , and you don't want a permanent reminder when they do.

• Never known someone who had it done and stayed with the person. My friend tattooed his wife's name on his dick. They divorced so he had to have it changed to his own name. Eejit.

• That must have been painful 0__0

• She was called Kim, so could have been worse! Plus I don't think he would have fitted a longer name on ;)

• did he make u to do it? yes you are right about it.

• No he can't make me get a tattoo of his name.

• ok then it is ok
      just dont do it