So you think I'm shallow and superficial?

Some of my friends including my best friend are calling me that.

So a month ago, my guy friend kind of started to flirt with me. He kept staring at me and turns red when he sees me. Three days ago, when we saw each other on the bus and after he got off the bus he texted, "It's always a pleasure to see you again Toni (me). I would love to get to know you more. Let me know if you wanna hang out."
I did flirt with him and I liked them and my best friend knows I liked him and he and I flirted with each other. Then this really good-looking guy that didn't like me before started flirting with me. I liked him for a week now. He's so cute, hot and charming. Don't get me wrong, my guy friend is charming. I was going to ask him out but then this guy I like today asked me out today and I said yes. My guy friend asked me out for a movie tomorrow night and my new boyfriend was like, "Look fatso, were together now. See this, buh bye."
I told him nicely that I was busy and I apologized. He looked disappointed and walked off. My best friend scolded at me, "How could you do that to Kevin (guy friend)? You just broke his heart! He's crushed because because thought you like him. He's a guy that ACTUALLY cares about you unlike you 'boyfriend'. "
Well I liked my crush because I knew my guy friend liked me. My guy friend wouldn't pick up the phone when I try try apologize again. Some of his friends are angry at me. Why? I'm really happy with my new boyfriend.

• Yes. You only care about looks. Looks don't matter!
  • No. You just have a preference
  • You should of went out with your guy friend

Most Helpful Guy

• You lead your guy friend on. You built up his hopes, and he REALLY likes you, but you just completely abandoned him for a new guy. And, the way you make it sound, he found out you liked the other guy by you rejecting him and the other guy being an ass hole. It's bad enough you lead you friend on, but then that new guy totally humiliated him. Instead of telling your guy friend that you found someone new, he found out himself in a bad way. This new guy sounds like a jerk, and you just humiliated your friend and stabbed him in the back.

What Guys Said 12

• You really were not being fair to your guy friend. You led him on, and then said 'yes' to a guy you barely knew just because of his looks.

If I were in your guy friend's shoes, I would have walked out of your life with my head held high, and never talked to you again.

• That's harsh

• I agree. If your "boyfriend" dumps you, don't come crying to us! You're going to regret this and wish you would of gone with your guy friend. He deserves way better than someone like you.

• You kinda stringed the previous guy along despite that you knew his intentions, that's kinda wrong in a way. However, looks do matter, but that doesn't mean you should go with someone whose only positive quality is their appearance. To be frank, your "new boyfriend" sounds like kind of a tool.

• I don't blame you for picking this guy, but staying with someone that would treat your friend so poorly isn't a good thing. You should dump him or make him apologize and make it right. Based on this I wouldn't call you superficial.
    Sounds like you only liked your friend because you were close and he was the only guy showing interest so when someone you were actually attracted you asked you out you were more than happy to date him. Sex appeal matters, there's nothing wrong with that

• How could you do that to Kevin? You flirted with him and he had his hopes up to go out with you and you abandoned him for a hunk. He sounded like he REALLY likes you. You broke this guy's heart. If I was him, I wouldn't speak to you anymore. You just lost a very good friend because of what you did. He has a broken heart because of you. I hope you're happy! :(

• No matter what anyone says, we would all go for the better looking person. It's not superficial to want to date the hot guy instead lol.

• Stop two timings and inform him that you have got a new boyfriend and you cannot hangout.
    Don't give stupid excuses like busy etc etc. No guy believes that.

• What's that supposed to mean?

• Just don't lead him on. Just be frank that's it. It's better to be frank then avoiding someone. You can't keep saying busy all the times. It will hurt him sure but truth is often meant to be hurt.

• Live your life and stop worrying about what other people think. I'll bet you, every one of the people who are judging you, would have done the same thing in your shoes.

Relax man! Life's not that hard.

• what would piss me off the most would be the fact that your 'boyfriend' would tell me "Look fatso, were together now. See this, buh bye." and all you did was say 'sorry, im busy'

• Well I think you did the guy friend a favor. Your boyfriend talking to other people the way he did, good luck with that cause you're going to need it. Only a matter of time till he directs that type of disrespect toward you, little by little. But it won't be like you didn't have it coming so it is what it is.

He might be heartbroken for a bit but he will get over it and be better off.

• I think you two deserve each other. Old Kev just learned a valuable lesson anyway.

• It is sort of a bitch move but you want to get what you want to get and there are no rules to stop you from that.

• What is the answer you want to hear? Let's get that out of the way.

What Girls Said 6

• I think you should have explained to him why you were busy and that you didn't feel the same way and apologize for leading him on, because just saying you're busy is kinda harsh, either way it would have hurt his feelings, but I think he deserved a better explanation. I get that you don't like him anymore, but I feel like there should be more to it than just dropping him because this new guy is good looking.

• I voted C but never mind it should have been B. That was me being partial, but your entitled. I think what you did to your best friend is the reason guys say "she acts like she likes me and then runs off with another guy, I feel lead on/used!"

You fell for the new guy for his extra looks, that's clear.

• That obviously shows a lot about your boyfriend. Just saying that to someone else. He sounds likea major dirty butthole. But hey you choose what you wanna choose. One person is meant to get hurt. Kevin sounds like a nice guy.

• Everyone doses have a peference but you shouldn't have broken your guy friend's heart like that. He sounds likes he really likes you a lot and wanted you to be his girlfriend but no, a good-looking hunk asked you out and you said yes. It sounds like your "boyfriend" only likes you for your body and Kevin likes you for who YOU are. Shame on you. If you're boyfriend dumps you, don't come crying to us!

• It's not wrong to prefer someone you're attracted to, but it is wrong to lead someone on that you don't have feelings for. Also, letting your new boyfriend talk to someone you call a friend like that isn't very kind. If assume you lost s friend and not much can save it. Guys don't exist just to make you feel good about yourself, so either be a real friend or don't hang out with guys you know like you. Either is fine.

• Lol, good-looking or not, your new boyfriend sounds like a jerk. I think you're making a huge mistake that you'll regret later (don't think you'll be the exception to his jerk-like qualities), but hey, it happens. I don't think you should've went out with your guy friend, because frankly, he deserves better. He doesn't need to be anyone's second choice.

Hopefully he can move on and find a girl who actually likes him and isn't fickle with her affections. Until then, what's done is done. Good luck to both of you.

• I don't suppose she would ever realize its a 'mistake', because jerks and assholes are what most girls swoon over, don't they? The genuine and 'gentlemanly' guys get penalized for being good. Her guy friend is the best example of that.

• No, it's not what most girls swoon over, as much as some people would like that to be the answer - because it's easy, and removes any responsibility for attracting a mate from them. "It's not my fault. Girls just only like jerks". As if most guys who are boyfriends and husbands are assholes. Please. I'm not with her in this question, but neither am I taken in by the "nice guys" camp.