Is this considered rude?

A guy friend asked me out on a date.
I refused by saying. No sorry but I didn't have something like this on my mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• Other than saying no, I'm confused what the rest of your reason means. It's not rude though, saying "maybe" or "let me think about it" is rude.

• It's confusing because I translated from my native language. What I told him is no sorry but I am not thinking about you in that way...

• I see. It's refreshingly honest, though not the answer he wanted to hear.

• Ok thanks for answering :)

What Guys Said 3

• Saying no is never rude, though instead of excuses, you should rationalize it truthfully. "I'm sorry, but I don't like you in that way" or something to that effect.

• Thank you for answering :)

• It's rude but you did the right thing. I really like straightforward girls rather than those types of girls who gives shit loads of excuses to avoid a person.

• I gave polite excuses at first. But he kept on asking...

• I understand. No worries. ;)

• Thanks for answering :))

• That's rude.

• Thanks for answering :)

What Girls Said 1

• It is pretty strong. I don't consider it is rude for me. But what you said it is very hurt him.

• True. But I tried giving polite excuses and he kept on asking. I also felt like he is a big player...