How do you feel about girls making the first move?

I guess you could call me old fashioned. I've always thought, no matter what the situation, a guy should always make the first move. What do you think about a girl taking that first step towards moving toward something more than just friends? Guys, do you like this? Or find it pushy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok. I think I speak for about 90% of guys when I say this: WE CANNOT READ SIGNALS. We are literally the equivalent of a goldfish trying to decipher morse code with nothing more than a French dictionary. I really don't see anything wrong with a girl being strong. I recently just hooked up with a girl (self five) who happened to be my friend. I had hung about her for an entire year and I still had no idea about her signals. Making the first move doesn't have to mean grabbing his dick and kissing him. It can mean asking to hang out alone, on a date or not. Go for it! X

What Guys Said 10

• I would personally appreciate it if a girl made the first move. And I would actually become her 'fan' because she dared to step out of her comfort zone and sent this old, outdated 17th century tradition of 'guys should always make the first move' to the gutter. And I'm pretty sure I would even begin to 'like' her for this act alone, even if I didn't like her before!

• How else will I know if you like me unless you make a move? Especially if we aren't friends.

• I'm horrible at reading signals so I would personally find it helpful. But I'm also old fashioned. If it's someone you really like or care about just tell them. No need for "making the first move" people should just say how they feel.

• depends what caliber of move your talking about. (ex. proposing? hell no thats his job (ex. sex hell yeah its hot when my gf initiates foreplay/sex

• I feel it's great. I can't read signals and girls are confusing sometimes with these signs. It would be easier

• Um well I don't mind, but I am also unaware of the signs if a women is interested in me. So it does help. A guy should make the first move, but I don't know the signs to give her a kiss after the date.

• @A guy should make the first move

if you want to fine, but Why 'should"

• We as men are called to pursue a women and lead. This starts at the beginning of the relationship and follows throughout the relationship. If a man is passive at the beginning, he will most likely be passive later.

• guys that like the chase might not apreciate it that much, personally i would love it lol! im way too shy unfortunately, so i would really like it!

• As a guy, I have had some girls take the lead, and I never had a problem with it. I welcome it in fact.

• Nothing wrong with that

• i personally love it!

What Girls Said 1

• @ I've always thought, no matter what the situation, a guy should always make the first move

Why?

I'm just asking if you have thought about it , about why you think this is how it 'should' be, and have come up with an actual reason, or is it just ingrained in your brain as an unquestionable rule?

• and why do you think its pushy for a girl to ask a guy out, but not pushy for a guy to ask a girl out. its the same exact behavior.

if you just saying hey want to do something? and you leave it that. as in you dont keep pestering him if he says no, then i dont see whats pushy about it.

honestly i think all the ways women are told to hint and give signals to imply interest, is a lot more tim consuming and aggressive than just point blank asking. which is quick and non invasive.

you are not touching him, or asking him to do things for you, or stalking him , or memorizing his schedules so you can magically appear where he is, or blowing his phone up with texts, or asking about his personal life, or making crazy faces, or asking 20 questions, or cooking for him... its just ONE question. how s this 'pushy' especially compared to the alternative?

• It's just the way I was raised. Plus, I've never had to make the first move I guess... I'm dealing with a shy guy, I think, and he's been hurt before... just trying to get some insight.

• yeah i get that ;-)

im just wondering why you think its the right way.

so like thats how you were raised. but when you were raised that way, was there any reason behind it?

did anyone say 'why'?

do you have thoughts about it now, as an adult?

with a shy guy you will probably need to step up.

shy guys. guys who are confused. guys you accidentally hurt... you will have to make a move. in most cases.