Single mother stigma?

There's a stigma attached to being a single mother. Many men don't want to take on raising another man's kid and there's also the idea that single mothers are easy and whatnot.

But would you date a woman like this? A woman who married her high school sweetheart and then got pregnant and when he was on the way to the hospital he was t-boned and died. She did nothing to become single, obviously.

My aunt is like this. This happened to her. She is a lovely woman and is the nicest lady ever. She had such a kind heart, but her husband died the day her son was born. No man will give her the time of day once they hear about the boy.

Is the kid a death sentence for her love life? She's been single for 8 years now. I hurt for her because she'd be such a good wife but men run from the idea of a child.

There was a guy for a while but she walked in on him touching her son inappropriately and immediately left him. That was 4 years ago.

Any hope for her?

• the kid's a death sentence
  • the kid's not a death sentence

Most Helpful Guy

• The kid not a death sentence, but truthfully it makes things a little harder.

There are men out there who will take them both on. I have some friends tat have done it. There just aren't as many out there as men who won't. She just needs to hang in there and take care of her business. If something else is meant to happen it will.

What Guys Said 2

• Every man's reason will not be the same; but here are some possibilities for which one may steer clear:

- Doesn't want to get serious with the mother because he would, by default, a male influence in the child's life. He may not be ready or even want to be a father. He won't be the biological father, but if he's with her, he will be that father figure - essentially.

- To extend upon my last point, there are men who worry that they'll be used for their money, even if they aren't worth much. No one wants to be taken advantage of. No one. Not much more to say about this.

- Lastly, he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with your crazy schedule. It probably it's that he doesn't respect your time. He has a life of his own , so his has to allocate his time just like you. He likely understands. If he has one or two days a week off, then he thinks it'll be more worth going after someone who's more available.

Just my two cents.

• Some men will date a single mother. Some won't. But, being a parent is a serious thing. So, it's a good thing that many men take the situation seriously. "You have a kid? Whatever. Not important" would not be a good attitude to have in any case.

What Girls Said 1

• there hope for everyone