How to stop being so emotional?

I have always been so sensitive! Hated myself, especially my looks. I sometimes feel cute but then there appears someone who makes me feel unattractive. And there was this hot guy who told me that I was attractive to him and I really believed him.. I thought I could still have a chance to guys but then it turned up to be a big joke. I could hardly stop crying and stop myself from hurting myself :( I want to be like other girls that are pretty and wanted..

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll learn one day (hopefully) that life isn't solely about looks. Yeah we all like to look good, but there are so many other things you can focus on besides all the negative things you/others see in your physical self.
    It's best to work on and improve yourself (entire being-spiritually, mentally, physically, financially, etc) to 'your' standards in your own time.

What Guys Said 2

• Move on from it. Realize what you're feeling and why you're feeling it. Become more aware of what's going on inside and around you. Reading your post, this honestly reminds me of something stupid I did when I was 15.

• Buy a cat.

• I don't like cats but maybe I will get a dog<3

• Yes. Something to care for. Also try growing a plant.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to get comfortable with yourself, meaning that you need to accept who your are. Don't ever seek validation from others, because that is how you'll definitely get hurt in the worst way possible.

• Why? Just be you

• Don't worry! Being sensitive means to have a beautiful soul and heart. I'm sure that you look not so bad as you think and that there are guys which like you. Be yourself.