The disappearing/reappearing man: Guys, when you disappear on a girl you've been dating for a little while, do you usually come back?

Yes, I'm asking because I haven't heard from this guy for over a week now. He has been consistently contacting me and asking me out up until the Houdini act.

According to many articles and forums and stories from friends, these vanishing guys almost always reappear.

Is this true? Men, do you disappear, only to reappear at a later time? If so, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• We're ghosts.

• You definitely are.

• See? You're fine. What's a week or two?

• I know I shouldn't laugh considering my dumb ass is on here looking for some form of clarity.. however this makes sense now... fml

What Guys Said 1

• Hey maybe he died. Touchwood.

• Hah, this had me LOL! Nah, I'm pretty sure he's still alive.

What Girls Said 1

• Disappear because life happens whether that's a personal, family or courting matter. Reappear because now he is thinking of you again, for whatever reason. The question becomes is this what you want in a male friend or courting partner?

• Exactly. I'm thinking that this could be what's happening. But even if there was no malicious intent in the disapoearance, it speaks volumes about the guy's personality when he does this.

• NoChase is right on. In order to have a healthy and fulfilling relationship, you must be crystal clear about what you want and don't want and what you will and will not tolerate. Decide if this disappear/reappear is something you will tolerate. Does it make you happy, does it make you feel respected? All things to consider.

• Bottom Line: KNOW your awesome- goodbye to your past & welcome the awesome future you create or not... I'm excited for you- fwd we go :)))