Getting exclusive with a guy?

I want to be exclusive with the guy I've been seeing for the past 2 1/2 months. I have no indication or feelings that he's been seeing other people in that time but I feel like it's time to have that talk.

Like most people, I hate it! It's so awkward and could potentially mess stuff up.

I don't want anything we are doing to change... we see each other a few times a week, dinner, pub etc. That's all good with me. I have a life and he has a life outside of 'us' I know that the "What are we doing talk" can make guys feel like we want to settle down and get married and have babies when all we really want to know is that we are important to the guy.

Can anyone give me some tips to avoid the "awkward"? Haha

What Guys Said 1

• Never speak to him again? ;-) Relationships can be awkward at times. People are awkward.

That said, i think you just tell him that you are enjoying the relationship and how things are, you are feeling the two of you are more or less exclusive and you wonder if he feels the same.

It doesn't have to be a SUPER SERIOUS conversation, just bring it up and be light about it. Now if he says "Ummm well actually..." and he is not feeling the same way, that might be a bit awkward, but that is the chance you are going to take if you want to know the answer to your question.

I suspect though that you will have the answer you want. I wish you well!

What Girls Said 0