Have you noticed how most (but not all) people only date people and be in relationships with people of the same attraction level?

Please don't say''I have dated plenty of guys that I thought were average looking'' cause I said most not all. For example, most good looking people only date other good looking people and be in relationships with good looking people and it is the same thing with most average looking and below average looking people.

Most Helpful Girl

• well men want 8+ regardless of whether they themselves resemble a pile of dog poo yes.

my advise be happy with who you are and lower your standards and there will be 80% of women saying hi to you.

im in the 7 range so I've been told and I've had guys who look just god awful say im not that pretty. lol

• Um, I don't ask out hot chicks cause I know I would get rejected since I am a 4. Also, what you said doesn't answer my question if you agree or disagree

• i dont know because i have 2 brothers and I've seen the side. And im so unshallow, but yes the hot girls are very shallow. all good looking people are maybe because they can be.

• Most average looking women are just as shallow as most average looking guys, same thing applies to the below average looking ones.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't you know that most people stay within 2 notches above or below them. I mean I have seen some really hot girls with some really unattractive guys, but for the most part on a 1-10 scale most people stay 2 less than or greater than what they are.

• Yes I've noticed this a lot. Probably because both sexes look for the best they can get, and that is generally around their level... Which is horrible.

• Yeah, it seems that most below average looking people only go on dates with below average looking because they think average looking and good looking people won't give them a chance. And most average looking people don't go out with below average looking people because they probably think something like''Why should I go out with someone that is a lower attraction than me, if I can get an average looking guy or girl'' And most don't ask out good looking people because they assume good looking people will reject them. When it comes to most good looking people most only ask out good looking guys or girls since they are probably thinking something like''Why would I date an average or below average looking guy, when I get a good looking guy or girl.'' Am I right?

• I know, that is why I set one example. A bad looking person getting another bad looking person pregnant, etc.

• Oh I didn't know you were setting an example - it looked more like you clarifying what I said.

And yes that is how bad genes are generally passed on - the better looking the parents the better looking the kids (of course this is doesn't include birth defects, plus other suppressed genes from other family members can be passed down as well

What Guys Said 4

• Honestly I'm somewhat confused what you mean by "attraction level". There isn't a universal scale that I know of.

• I have dated some girls people would generally consider ugly, I have seen unattractive males with attractive females so I think it just depends... shoot it does make me feel a little insecure though because I don't know how people see me if I am dating girls I wasn't attracted to, I thought it was because I kept an open mind not because I couldn't date pretty or beautiful females because I always knew I could because I will tell you what it really comes down to is opportunity..

• I don't get your last part?

• If you get the opportunity to date someone your attracted is something that happens by chance like meeting someone through a friend or someone you always bump into so you develop a bond and that is when a guy dates a girl he finds attractive if a guy social network is limited so are his dating opportunities I mean he could always do cold approach but that seldom ever works and will lead to nothing more than a pointless number.. of course this is just an observation.

• I have noticed. So has the scientific community. We tend to naturally find people of the same rating more attractive. Which is weird. Yes, a 5 will find a 4-6 more attractive than a 7+.

• I am hot. Why would I date someone ugly? It just doesn't make sense.