Is it harder to get a date if you are overweight?

Is it actually harder to get a date if you are overweight? I know people claim they don't mind, but I notice people care if you are overweight to be even considered as a prospective date.

• Yes, it is harder to get a date.
  • Nope.

Most Helpful Guy

• Harder to get a date? No.
    For a girl, it's quite easy to get a date. I'll bet if you walked up to a single guy and asked him out for coffee, he'd say yes 8/10 times, whether you're fat or not.
    It's not the "date" that's hard to get. It's getting a guy who will see you as a prospective girlfriend that's hard to get.

Society has taught us since birth that fat = ugly. While they won't be in a relationship or marry you, a fat girl is just as good as a skinny girl to have sex with.

So really, it's harder for an overweight girl to find a good husband. But not harder to find a date.

What Guys Said 4

• Of course it's going to be harder. Your physical looks are what attract people to you at the start. Generally, overweight people aren't as attractive as their thinner counterparts

• Why the downvote? It might be harsh, but it's true.

• Yes it is i shall hang myself what you think?

• It does depend on how much overweight.

• It depends how overweight, really. Don't starve yourself because you are 10lbs overweight

What Girls Said 3

• Well I've been overweight my whole life and I've never had a boyfriend so yeah I would think that its a factor. Over the last 4 years I've been about 90lbs overweight. I like to think that guys don't like me because I'm a bitch though xD. But my friend who is like 300lbs has had many relationships so who knows.

• It is for girls. Not guys.

• No as long as the face is pretty you're fine. If the face is ugly then there is no hope even if the person is thin. Ugly faced people might as well give up.