Is a Freshman dating a Senior okay?

I really like a senior who is also on my cross country team, and he likes me back. I've told a few close friends and got mixed answers... some say it's okay and others think it's weird. Is it okay or should I find someone else?

• Good
  • Bad

Most Helpful Guy

• I say it's fine... why not? :)

What Guys Said 5

• 1 You could also while your at it boost your popularity while dating him

2 if you like him and he likes you its not like every couple in the world are the same age

• No, it's cool. The only girl I dated in HS was a freshman girl that I met when I was a senior. She was awesome, and all the senior girls who rejected me got pretty jealous that I had this hot girl.

• Why not date a freshman?

• Sometimes girls like dating older or have more in common with other people than just in your grade

• Don't know, I do know when I was a sophomore the douchebag pedo seniors stole all of the good girls.

• its weird..

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's perfectly fine. I liked a Senior when I was a freshman in HS and I have a good feeling that he liked me back, but at the time he was dating someone else and when they broke up I didn't tell him how I felt so we never went out, but even so, the people I talked to were ok with it.

• at first this age difference might seem strange, and as always people will have something to say, but if you think about it the age difference is not that big. lets say you're 14 and he's 18, in 10 years you're 24 and he's 28 and thats not an unusual age range for people to date. it just seems awkward now because you're a young teen and he's considered a legal adult. personally, i don't like dating people that much older yet, even though I'm 18... i try to keep it to 2 years, 3 maybe... but if i find the right one and he's 22, then hey, age is just a number. just remember that a boy at this age is usually looking for sex and other things. it doesn't mean he doesn't care about you.. but its rare for guys during high school years to not at least be curious so be careful.

• It a four year difference, not a big deal :)

• Its fine, if your fine with it and so is he. Who cares?