I have what most people call 'an extremely overachieving' and 'impressive' set of accomplishments. I know that, in the past, I have been really forward (after all, what I do/did is a huge part of who I am) in many conversations in general. After a few eye opening experiences I have been working on modesty. My experience, however, is rather limited when it comes to dating. And so my question is, when talking to a girl (for the first time) how modest should a guy be about what he has accomplished?
- He should talk about his most serious accomplishments0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- He should talk only about the most recent a complements25% (1)0% (0)14% (1)Vote
- He should ask questions and not talk about himself50% (2)67% (2)57% (4)Vote
- He should be forward about his accomplishments0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- He should be modest (water them down) about his accomplishments25% (1)33% (1)29% (2)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I picked C, but I didn't mean don't talk about yourself. Just, don't volunteer information about your accomplishments. Let her ask questions, and as you answer, they'll be revealed. Focus more on asking her questions about herself, and getting to know her. The key thing is to make sure you're not hijacking the conversation and talking about yourself for long stretches of time, or appearing as if you're reading her your resume/boasting. That puts off girls very quickly.1