Guys... advice on "The (relationship) Talk"?

Everything is good and we have a lot of fun together.
We are both going to our respective hometowns for Christmas and I was wondering if I should bring up the "Talk" before we go?
I was going to do it all casual..."I like you. I like what we have going on and I'm not planning on seeing or sleeping with other people. I was wondering if you felt the same?"

I've had no real thoughts or indications that he has been seeing other people this whole time that we have been together but it seems good to lock that stuff down.

I don't want our relationship to change. I like the amount of time we spend together and stuff like that so it's not like I will be asking to move in or anything.
Does this sound okay? Or should I just leave asking or bringing it up if I have no real problems?

What Guys Said 1

• Difficult question (for me at least)
    My wife and I met and everything is good and we had (and have!) a lot of fun together.
    We never had 'the talk' about starting to kiss. It just happened when we both felt it was evident.
    We never had 'the talk' about starting to date. It just happened when we both felt it was evident.
    We never had 'the talk' about starting to make out. It just happened when we both felt it was evident.
    We never had 'the talk' about starting to have sex. It just happened when we both felt it was evident.
    We never had 'the talk' about getting engaged. We just bought rings when we both felt it was evident.
    We never had 'the talk' about getting married. We just started planning a little ceremony when we both felt it was evident.
    Never, it all seemed evident. It still seems evident (in the way the word evident was used in the Declaration of Independence)
    Our career choices seemed evident too.
    Sharing burdens seems evident too.
    Other people may not have found all that evident but we didn't care, we still don't.
    But other people have the right to consider it in a different way. (My parents and parents in law didn't think it was evident)

We had 'the talk' about buying a first house, a first car, about our vacations, about having a child.
    We had 'the talk' about buying a second home, other cars, about our vacations. About spending a bit of money. About investing, about medical subjects.
    Of course we made some errors. We made them together. That's evident.

We'll continue that way. That's evident. We 'just' love each other. For us that's evident and enough.
    For us.

What Girls Said 0