Does it make me shallow that I won't even consider girls over 5'6 dating material?

I'm 6'1 and I won't consider girls over 5'6 as a dating option. Does this make me shallow?

• Shallow
  • Not shallow
  • For guys wanting to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares? You aren't the only guy walking this earth. Chicks would have to be pretty silly to take offense to that.

What Girls Said 19

• I don't think it's shallow. It's just you're preference. We all have them, so I don't know why people give other people shit if they don't share the same preference.

But the wording you used is something I wouldn't agree on. Saying they aren't "dating material" is kinda making it seem like they're not suitable partners. If you just say something like "I prefer to date shorter women." It's a small difference, but it doesn't make taller women seem as not "dating material." We all tend to feel hurt if someone makes us or those like us inferior or "unworthy".

• Well dating material for me, not saying in general.

• I understand, but it still sounds a little vague and may hurt some people. It's a minor discrepancy, but even that will perhaps offend some women. And I can understand why. Nobody wants to feel unwanted for something they can't change. I'm not tall myself (not at all!), but I hear many tall girls feel that they're less desired by men for their tall stature.

But it's your preference, and we all have our own :)

• Everyone has their own preferences and I don't think anything is wrong with that. I did choose shallow though, because I'm kind of iffy on the subject. I have a preference for guys over 6 feet tall, but I've also dated a guy who was an inch or two shorter than me in the past. I think it's okay to have preferences, but when it becomes absolutely mandatory for your potential girlfriend to be shorter than 5'6, I think you've gone a little too far. I'm a bit of a romantic, but what if you meet the most amazing girl in the entire world and she is absolutely perfect for you, your soulmate even, but she's 5'8 or whatever... You'd be missing out on that relationship because she's too tall?

• That disqualifies me by an inch but honestly doesn't hurt me much. Personally, I've always had a preference for average height men ever since I was a kid; still do. Overly tall ones aren't really my cup of tea.

As long as you just leave it as a preference and don't say ''5'7+ aren't feminine, are dumb, etc'' then you should be ok.

• Why? I mean, a girl who is 5'7" or so is still shorter than you. Are you gonna pull out a tape measure on the first date?

• It's a preference. As long as you don't get butt hurt if a girl who's 5'4 finding 6'1 too short.

• I've never yet met one who said that, but if they did I'll just find one who does. No biggie.

• Well now you've met one :p

• First time for everything!

• Everyone has something that makes them a little shallow.

Guess that's just yours.

• I wouldn't say shallow, it's your choice, but I honestly don't see what's so bad about dating taller girls. I'm 4'11 and have always dated guys like 6 ft and over, not on purpose, and I can't tell you how much easier things would have been if I was taller. From hugging to sex, it would made everything more convient lol. I guess I see the appeal in shorter girls, but eh, whi knows.

• I'm 5'6 it's a physical appearance that you prefer them to be a little shorter than you nothing wrong with that..

• No! I'm 5'1 and wouldn't consider dating a guy who's less than 5'2.

• It's personal preference. I know guys who are 5'7 and like girls who are 5'10 it's really just personal choice. It's not like girls who are 5'6 and over wI'll have a hard time getting a guy just because you don't like them that tall.

• It's a preference as long as you don't get ass hurt if a girl who's 5'3 finding 5'7 to short

• Just say they aren't your preference, "dating material" is a bit harsh

• No
    We all have a type. Any girl that calls you that is dumb and butt hurt

• Well... what's the reason behind this?

• No that's just what you want... I'm the same way I'm 5'3 and only date guys 5'9 and above..

• It's not shallow it's just your preference

• Not really as I won't date men under 6 feet tall.

• I won't even consider men under 6'0 dating material and I'm 5'2, I don't think I'm shallow, I didn't choose what I found attractive and not attractive. So I don't think you're being shallow.

• it just makes you dumb.

• How?

• How is he dumb? A lot of girls give a height preferences that they will date he did the same thing but he's dumb... yeah your logic makes sense...

What Guys Said 10

• If you're a guy it's shallow. If you're a girl it's a "preference".

• Why is that?

• Lol at 5 down votes. Why you mad? I'm not saying every person is like this but let's not act like what I said here is completely untrue and never happens.

• Damn they be haten on you Lol

• Well it's cool to have preferences but to totally deny everyone for not fitting that could make you miss out on an incredible woman. At the end of the day just do you man.

• I find people with height limits for there love life so fucking amusing ROFL. Seem so limiting? Who know what you can be missing out on over 1-4 inching i mean ROFL? Awe shit lol people are a fucking trip. To each their own i guess.

• If it's just a preference, no it's not shallow. If it's a standard/requirement, then it's shallow. Either way, doesn't matter so long as you're not trying to put anyone done for not matching your preference. Like what you like.

• Really? I'm 6'2" and there's plenty of sexy women 5'6" and up.

• Bro you're limiting yourself. Some of the hottest babes are tall, just look at WWE divas!

• I happen to know a very hot 5'6 girl lol

• Yeah, it's shallow.

There's a lot of "just your preference" going on, and that's not true. A preference is "I prefer someone who is ____, but it's not required." Saying "I will only date someone who is ____" is a requirement, and putting arbitrary physical requirements like that is shallow, yes.

• I agree. And I'm surprised most people commenting here are telling him instead that it's just his preference, when it's pretty clear by his choice of words that it is indeed a requirement for him.

• As a 5'5" guy who'd go up to 5'9" while still preferring short girls, it sounds pretty damn shallow to me.

• Yes. But that's okay. We are all shallow. Shallow pools of breastmilk.