Is 4 years older too much of an age difference?

so i started talking to his guy and he's 22, and I'm 18 and still in high school, and he said that age doesn't matter, and that it shouldn't define a relationship. he is respects me and what i have to say, and certainly isn't talking to me for the wrong reasons. is this too much of an age difference? should i just cut it off before it becomes something more? should age actually define a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol no of course not

What Guys Said 4

• its fine
    i have dated girls who were a decade older then me
    its all about how well u connect
    anything over a decade is a problem

• 4 years is like nothing... nobody cares lol just go out with him if he's a decent guy

• I'm turning 30 in a month. She turned 19 last month.

• Is ok. 4 years is nothing

What Girls Said 3

• No, 18 and 22 is fine, it's legal. If you were 14 and he was 18, it would be a different story. But now, the both of you are pretty much adults, so age shouldn't be that big of a problem anymore.

• No it shouldn't but if you're more naive and inexperienced than he is, it would, it makes him look like he's the mature one, he needs someone at his 'level'

• Ofcause it isn't too much of an age difference. Actually I can say tha its absolutely normal.