I don't text her much?

I've been dating this girl. All dates went well. Problem is that I don't text her much or at all. I kinda feel bad now that I thought of it (nah, actually I'm not :D ). She does all the initiating with the text though, but I just usually end it soon. Thing is that I'm not really into texting - kinda boring. Plus, I only call her to ask her out. And I prefer conversations at a personal level.

Am I doing it right? Do girls like it when guys text them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Many of today's toms are not the best texters, I must agree. And I have been a few who Only push a button on their end when they wanted To-------Ask me out. A girl can get real tired of That too, thinking that a guy will only call on her when he is feeling frisky or just wants to hang out because he found some time away from his Apparent Other Priorities that he must have got tieed up and this is why he couldn't text nor talk.
    If you want to continue with this sweet girl. all systems go so far, then I would suggest to keep everyone happy, Get 'Unbored' and at least send her a quick text once a day to ask how she is and to let her know you are well and still alive.
    Open lines of communication is one of the most important factors in any new or old relationship. And being you are in the beginning beguine of nursing and nurturing a potential partnership down the road, or just enjoying having a Date mate even, there is no reason why you can't find the Initiative and make this a 'Personal' hands on habit.
    With some time and consideration, you may too have a better shot of for it to Not------End too soon.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 7

• If we like the guy then yes, we love receiving his texts. Since you usually cut hers short and don't text her as often as you ya might wanna tell her why. Not that its a really big deal or anything but should she start to act bummed or think she gets the impression u may not like her then just tell her if you do but you just hate texting. Id understand tht much, Altho, let me clarify something if I may... do you REALLY like this girl? if so, how much do u like her? does she just help u pass the time, or is she someone you start to miss after a while and can't wait to see again? im just curious. ;)

• Hell yeah. I like this girl - Let's say the city gets empty when I see her.

It's just the texting that Im not into. Probably because texting has no emotions? who knows

• I get the whole "I prefer conversations at a personal level", but if you like this girl you HAVE to put some effort into it and show interest into her also through texts or call her up and check how her day was.

Honestly, she's probably confused about why you don't text her or she's waiting for you to do it. She might take it as if you're not that interested into her, I know I would.

also, i hate to be annoying, but would you mind checking my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1238908-did-he-just-use-me-for-sex-or-does-he-actually-like-me-why-is-he ?

• I think you should just be upfront. I hate texting too. So does my husband. We call each other throughout the day, but have never texted much, even in the beginning.

• I understand you cause im not into texting. But I like when guy text me good night, good morning etc. You shouldn't write her thousands messages, just do it sometimes to show that you interested in her

• I personally love it when my boyfriend texts me, since we can't call a lot.

But be upfront with her. You don't wanna stress her out

• All you have to do is communicate that point to her. No big deal.

• Girls think that you're just using them or blowing them off when you don't text/ only text a little. It's also frustrating and confusing. I know texting can suck, but if you really like her I would really try

What Guys Said 2

• No they hate it when guys go to actively talk to them. Duh.

• That sums it up. But she texts often and sometimes I don't reply

• I'm with you on this one, texting is boring as shit. I also prefer a phone call or conversation in person. But if a girl tries to have a conversation with me over text, I just give replies hinting that I'm not interested.