How do guys react to be being told "I love you"?

My friend and I have an odd relationship. We flirt and stare at each other and he's the only guy I've ever met who's ever got me.
I want to tell him how I feel. It's been going on for so long and my feeling for him won't go away.
If I tell him at least I have an answer. He's dating this girl, and even though he doesn't seem to be all that intersted in her, I find it incredibly hard to be around him now.

I want to tell him how I feel, but I'm worries about his reaction.
If he doesn't feel anything for me, then our friendship will be ruined, potentially forever.

How do guys react to being told something like this? Freaked out, complimented? I need an opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is with this other girl, sweetie, and it seems that although 'He doesn't seem to be all that interested in her,' it may Seem that way because when he he is with You, 'We flirt and stare at each other,' his 'Interests' lie elsewhere with him and that could very well be You. However, it's not etched in stone, not a hundred percent certain and if you go and open up a can of worms right now, you are Right-----I'm worries about his reaction.
    For now, until something else changes that could give you a bit more to go on, let sleeping dogs lie and silence is golden. I know how much you are yearning and burning to tell him your feelings but it might end up going sour and then your poor heart will feel as though it is in the dog house and that you wished you had not barked up the wrong tree after all.
    Remain friends, keep doing what you are doing. I see a bit of magic chemistry here, dear, that just might spark something sensational after all and if that would happen, where he drops her like a hot tamale tomorrow, then it would have been worth waiting for and not having to do something that you may have regretted... who knows, right now as we speak, he could be contemplating putting her on a permanent back burner.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for your opinion.
      This weird relationship between us has been going on for months now. he gets jealous when I hang out with other guys, and tells me I'm stunning.
      I'm not sure how much more I can take.
      My heart feels like it's going to burst through my chest every time I see him.

• Thank you

• You are so welcome...:)) xx

What Guys Said 8

• This is hard one. But I think if you really love him , its worth to give it a try. If you dont you will just keep on developing feelings untill one day you have to get Away from him cause its too hard for you to see him with another girl. Besides if he doesn't seem all that interested in her he is probably thinking of breaking up with her. So you should go ahead with it. Sure you might ruin the friendship if it fails but I think its better than never telling him how you feel and seeing him with another girl.

• freak out, blush, bone crushing hugs, gasps of excitement, but usually we love

• You need to tell him how you feel regardless of the consequences. Obviously if he likes you too the same way, he will be flattered. But if he is a friend, he will let you down gently if he doesn't.

• when a girl says "i love you dominique" i tell them "oh no you dont, but you think you do" LMAO

• If I was being told
    I would black off for a second
    thats it no freaking out

• If i feel the same way i will probably say it back and kiss her

• If it was a girl, then I would say "I'm sorry (insert girl's name), but, there's something I have to tell you... I'm, gay... I'm really sorry."
    If it was a guy, "Really? A-are you sure that you love me? I-I-I don't think I would even accept that, you might be just tricking me!"...

Don't fucking judge me that I'm gay...

• "Bitch is lyin'"

What Girls Said 0