How long do I wait before I move on?

I always text this guy first, whereas he never takes the initiative to text first (maybe he just doesn't have a reason to). Talking to him in person he seems to be into me, which is great. The texting thing is just throwing me off a bit and I don't want to keep feeling like I'm bothering him whenever I do text him. I'm taking a step back now and backing off, seeing if he'll text me, but I was just wondering what the likelihood of him noticing that I'm backing off is and how long I should wait to see if he decides to text fist. I'm kind of in the stages of seeing whether or not I want to pursue him or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is not the texting type of guy. Some people do not like to text. everyone is different. try something different. Ask him out if you can and have a good chat with him

• Thank you, I hadn't even considered that he might not like texting. He communicates really well in person, so that idea just kind of threw me, haha.

What Guys Said 1

• a week is enough to know if he is interested or just took you as a friend who texted him

What Girls Said 2

• I have the same issue with my boyfriend. He rarely texts first, even though I know he cares.

Texting isn't always the best way of communication, but these days, its the primary. Just talk to him, and be honest

• Tell him that it bothers you that he doesn't ever / rarely texts you first. If he cares about you, then he will start texting you first after you've told him that. He may not realise that it's an issue for you.

• Honest and open communication is really the key to a good relationship.

• Thank you! I think I may bring it up, even though we're still getting to know each other.