Why do woman play head games?

She wants me to be with her. But she is stalling.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you assume that's a "game". People want things all the time they are not ready for... Often we want stuff before we're ready to plunge. That's jit a game it's just not being ready.

Are you ready? Did you tell her you want to be with her.

Did you talk to her about how you feel?

You're on here talking to strangers when you're issue is with her... That could be considered a game bc you're stalling talking to her. By your logic anyhow.

Have you told her how you feel about her behavior?

What is her behavior?

What do you mean by stalling?

What have you done to get things going?

What has she done to prevent things from getting started?

I think it's odd you're asking us to answer a very big question with next to no information.

It makes it seem as though you're not really so confident it's her fault and you're trying to cover that up by not giving is a chance to see what's going on.

Either you're both stalling or one or both if you is not interested... What's the story?

What actually happened?

How do you know she wants to be with you?

How do you know you wants to be with her?

What took place last time you talked?

What Girls Said 34

• Tell her to look elsewhere for a doormat... she is using the fact you like her to control the situation.

• Do not deal with people who play head games, you deserve more than that. WALK AWAY! I mean it, walk away this will show her that you are no longer a pawn in her twisted little game, If she finally decides to make it work, take it with a grain of salt but cherish it at the same time. Because anyone who feels forced into an ultimatum will always have second thoughts. I wish you the best. Also, both men and women play head games. I have seen it from both sexes. y'all need to grow up and be up front, you have no idea how heartbreaking and tormenting it is to be on the receiving end of someones head game. If you like someone, then tell them do not play with their heads! Just stop, this isn't kindergarten, this is real life and real people. Stop messing around.

• our experience tells us that if we are nice and warm from the beginning, men lose interest. so it's because we want to keep you around

• She's not 100% into. If a girl has a huge crush on you, she'll want to spend as much time with you as possible (in my experience, that is).

• Some women do it because they are damaged goods, others do it to test how much u like them, and some are bat shit crazy. For the record I'm a woman and I don't play games

• What is considered damaged goods I wonder... just asking.. As a single divorced woman and mother of 3 teenagers..

• @blella People with long term relationships gone bad, aka you.

• No when I say damaged goods I mean, a girl who had issues, problems, emotional problems, sleeps around gets more emotional issues, etc etc

• I only play games with guys that I really like. I guess I like to keep the interest. What kind of head games is she playing, can you be more specific?

• They do it bc well 4 the same reason men play gamges with girls. They r insecure. They feel as if they put in too much too soon they'll get hurt. So they put in, in and out. Then they manipulate bc they wanna be in control and be the one who hurts not be the hurted. They dont trust and r insecure based on the past.

• I agre with most of the reasos here but the one that I didntsee is that most wanna be smart and act smart. myself included but our wants and needs war against each other and we dnt know what we want we just pretendwe do which is why we always change our mind.

• She's not genuinely interested and just stringing you along or she's insecure and that's how she expresses herself - either way, probably not worth the trouble. Find someone who wants to be with you and actually acts that way. That's what everyone deserves.

• Women only do this when they're insecure and want to boost their ego, she wants you to chase I think? Typically I'd advise against it as people like this, usually do not know how to be happy and will try and cause problems so their lives can have "meaning and purpose". Typically..

• Well judging by your age group, are you going after someone who is in their 20's? If so that's why she is stalling. If she is in the same age group... it's probably because either she is: A) Not that into you, B) She thinks you just want laid and she is too old to play that and all the drama/head games that come with it, C) She might prefer the same sex.

• Same reason males play head games, it's not the sex it's the person.

• To some it's fun
    To some they don't trust men and are testing you
    To some it's for their ego

• I feel like she had a horrible past with her exs.. And is afraid to actually open up to someone again because she doesn't want to get hurt. You could be telling her that you love her and that she can trust you but her ex could of told her the same thing and broke her heart. Or maybe she likes you a lot but feels as if she's not ready for commitment.

• you're over 35, get over yourself

• Hummmm maybe because one thinks for "him" & for herself. So she has created a reality in her perception that appears to be "head games" because your lost & about to say game over. Dhe thinks she's got it all figured out. Sounds about right?

• Usually games means that the person is not very interested in a relationship.

• I personally don't.

ie: Serial dater right here.

• To stay in control

• she's maybe those girls that like for a guy to chase her more... or she's not interested..

• It's simple

- To stay in control
    Or
    - she wants to know how you truly feel about her

• Maybe she changed her mind.

• They want to see how much you like them.

• Because they want to be in your head

• Probably because she was sexually abused you insensitive, prick.

• Just talk to her about it, guys do the same thing like

• How is she stalling if you already know she wants to be with you? Seems you're stalling. Why?

• We usually don't intentionally play head games, she probably is rethinking liking you, so feed her a bunch of compliments! Or maybe she just isn't ready to make it official that you're together. If your positive she's REALLY playing head games, she probably just heard from one of her friends to play hard to get, I wouldn't stress about it.

• a lot of times because they want power or control between the two of you

• How is she stalling? Not having sex with you? Do you want to be with her? If you don't, that's why she's stalling.

• Probably stalling telling him that she loves him.

• Yeah most girls want the guy to hear it first.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 14

• She either isn't as into you as you think, or she is training you to act like a good boy and learn that she has the power in your relationship. Right now i suspect it is a bit of both. She most likely wants to keep you on the back burner while she looks for a better guy. There are some women that actually collect men that like her and string all of them along.

Your best bet is to start dating other girls. If she isn't willing to commit to you then don't commit to her. That might make her realize she doesn't have power over you, and could lose you. It might also result in you finding a woman that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

• I would leave her be, she is not interested in you and your waisting valuable time on one dame... be smart and save your heart... walk away, no run!!!

• Sometimes it's playing = using you
    but most times it's indecision and fear of consequences = stalling
    I view as gals as better shoppers, ergo stalling can mean they are holding out for a better deal/item/guy
    "Being with" could be arm's length... like during class or work or at club but not everywhere.. then it could be closer but with do not cross lines in the sand

• You gotta play with her head too. If you want her, show some interest, but at the same time make yourself look like you have an abundance of available women who you can just go talk to and date at a snap of a finger. That way you make yourself look like a scarce resource and she'll be more inclined to pursue you.

• Line up her actions and her words.
    Now only judge things based on her actions. She's either confused or lying.
    If she says she doesn't want to be together, but everything she does says otherwise then she's confused and she has some kind of hold up.
    If she says she wants to be with you, but everything she does says otherwise then she's lying. Maybe she's getting something out of being around you like free food. Free stuff. Something. Just pay attention to her actions and act accordingly

• Who cares?

Why does not matter, what matters is the game playing. Life is to short to waste it on people who will not treat you with respect, time to find someone worth your time and energy.

• Because she is insecure and indecisive. Just find another one and she'll be coming back to you if she actually wants you.

• Walk away if a women is playing head games. It will only makes things worse if you continue playing her games.

• This is a question I keep asking myself. If I see a girl stalling I move on. I don't have time for games. I don't play cat and mouse, I have better things to do instead of being stringed like a backup option.

• she wants to be with her? Is this a gay relationship?

• Any chance she's already in a relationship and keeping you around as a backup?

• To test if your a weak bitch or not. Destroy the shit tests and take care of yourself. You need to start having the mentality that She should be honored talking to you. Girls will come after guys they really like maybe not desperately but they will be around you will start to notice that.

• They can't play bum games.

• If she's playing head games already be ready for plenty more and loads of drama. A lesson I learnt so be warned. Tell her to fix up or get lost