He jokingly said " I stink!" while he hugged me close. I know he is just joking around but why do guys jokingly insult girls they like?

Me and this guy aren't dating, just good friends. We hug each other when we say goodbye. Sometimes long, tight hugs and he would say " you stink" in a joking way. Do guys use this as a coping mechanism? Other signs he may like me: he also kisses my forehead a few times, nudge me playfully and tease me. He does not do this to another female friend of ours. I hope not anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men jokingly insult women because they are dumb. Also because they believe, falsely, that they are funny and that humor softens the heart.

• Sometime it hurt girl feelings as insulting and not respectful.

• Thus why men are dumb.

What Guys Said 2

• Here's something about guy friendships: We rip on eachother for everything, and find it weird that girls don't.

As a normal guy thing, we naturally insult each other in a casual manner. My normal greeting to my best friend is "Hey lard ass", and he's like 130lbs.

We mean well, it means that he likes you and sees you as a buddy as well as his girlfriend.

• lol, he sounds like one smoooooth mother fucker!

What Girls Said 2

• Guys tend to make fun of people in a joking way more than women just in general. I'm not sure if it means he likes you. My guy friends make fun of me, so does my bf.

If he doesn't do it to anyone else he either considers you a closer friend or likes you.

• I would feel offended. It is not hollywood movie