What makes you respond to online messages on dating sites?

About a month ago I experimented a little and created a fake female profile just to get perspective on how much attention females get and from who. And I was quite daunted about the huge difference I get on my actual profile compared to the fake one. The first 3 days I must've gotten over 200 messages! Most of the messages were quite uneventful and some showed a sign of neediness. Made me quite jealous to be honest as I wish I could get a fraction of that attention from women.

Question for women: What makes you take incentive to respond to a guy who messages you on a dating site and what keeps you interested in him? How do you mentally filter out what's crap and what's gold? What do you look for in a man's profile?

Question for guys: What worked for you? How did you get success talking to and even meeting up with girls from dating sites? Do you wish you got as much attention like the example I given in this question?

Most Helpful Guy

• it's obvious that females always get much more attntion than guys. but that's guys' mistake actually... i believe guys shouldn;t act so desperate.

What Girls Said 2

• First off I hate dating apps and dating websites it's just a wast of my time and energy so I don't used secondly every one who use does stuff are looking for a hook up not a real relationship so won't judge them or give them attention.

• First off if a guy sounds desperate or is just looking to get laid I refuse to respond. Now if a guy has a funny profile that's always a big plus because it implies he has a sense of humour. I also like to see mention of things like hobbies because I don't want someone who can only talk about his job. It also helps if he provides anecdotes to back up how he's describing himself. Also if he lists himself as a smoker I automatically reject it since that is one of my major dealbreakers.

What Guys Said 1

• My friend and I dot this once in a while,, post a profile of a bisexual 6' blonde, for example, make some rendezvpus, and watch and giggle as people show up and realize they've been had.