Double standard? Why it is OK to say I don't date short guys but is wrong for guys to say I don't date fat girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if there's such a thing as an obese woman complex, but there is a short guy complex, and I've run into a couple cases of that. That's kind of why I don't date short guys, but if someone's short and willing to prove me wrong, I'm willing to take a shot. My issue is that the short men that I've hung out with (we never actually dated because they showed their true colours pretty quickly) were eager to prove themselves superior to me. I'm fairly short myself, and both of them made a point to mention that they were attracted to me solely because I was shorter than them. Because there is a stigma attached to shorter men, the ones I've met seem eager to prove their masculinity and superiority, and just come off as controlling douchebags. But, that's all personal experience. I've only hung out with two short guys, so maybe the majority of them are nice and I found the bad ones!

What Girls Said 8

• Neither is right or wrong. It's just preferences. Just like I like guys with facial hair.

• I think both statements limit your chances in the dating pool, but if you don't find fat girls attractive then don't date them. As a female I have no issue with what you prefer. I don't think all females are one sided thinkers. So asker it's not the content of the statement that is upsetting people, it's the fact you yourself have eliminated a woman based on her body alone ( and that is your right to choose this way of thinking ). Same goes for a woman who refuses to date a man under 6'0. :)

• There's nothing wrong with stating your preference. If those onlookers tell you that you're having double standards ask them if they're any more consistent. Everyone has preferences. What's wrong?

• well guys don't want to date a girl who's taller than them in degrading to there fragil ego (me i don't care)

and its not bad just dont say it to the girls face it will REALLY hurt her expessically if she likes you

• actually, women are the ones who care about height, men reallly don't care

• In the words of little Kim "a dude can fuck around he's a pimp a girl fuck around and she's a hoe".

• Who said either is wrong? Just date whatever you want and dont care about what people think.

• its not... people just like to create things to complain about.. usually due to their own insecurities instead of being honest with themselves and improving what they dont like they become overly sensitive

• im saying the double standard isn't ok

• I don't think it's ok to say either... Sure, everyone has their own preferences and a right to them, but that kind of thing should be kept to yourself. It's pretty easy to hurt someone really badly that way, even if it's unintentional.

What Guys Said 2