Girls, are you okay with random classmates/coworkers complimenting you, or will it seem creepy?

Or when does it seem creepy and when is it okay?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like compliments, I usually react better if the person is actually in my class and not just a random person on campus though lol

What Girls Said 5

• Like most girls said, it depends on the compliment. Keep it casual, like, don't stare her down while telling her "Your hair is gorgeous" like it's most important sentence you've ever uttered. Just say something sweet, like "Oh, by the way, your hair looks cute today." I've had guys act like just because they said one nice thing to me now I owe them sex, and that's mega creepy. It's all in the way you say it. And like other girls have said, try not to make the compliments about her body. I had one guy walk up to me on campus and proclaim "Damn, little mama, look at that ass!" And that was way creepy. Boobs, legs and butt are definitely off limits...

• I don't know how guys do that. It's so rude and awkward.. ballsy too. I have a hard time even giving the sweet compliments.

• It depends on what you're complimenting. If you're talking about my body it can be weird, but if you think I "look really cute today" or my "hair looks nice", or if it's about my clothes being cute then that's fine. Most of the time my actual compliments all come from other women, and it's never weird because they're actually paying compliments and not doing that "damn girl" "dat assss" bullshit.

• Yeah I just mean something tame like you said, "you look cute today", or "you're pretty" or "you have nice hair" or something like that.

• It's fine if they compliment me, just don't say anything about my butt or boobs.

• Sure , I don't mind.

• it can be creepy when a co-worker does it. it's definitely uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 0