Extremely depressed from online dating?

I actually met my last bf online & we lasted for 2 years so I wanted to try it again. It was a total nightmare this time. It's not that I didn't get dates from it.. I actually met about 5-6 different people over the course of 4 months. It's just that each guy made me feel worse than the last. One guy lied about his age by about 10 years, another said he didn't like me enough to be exclusive but wanted an "open relationship" (then got mad when I said no), another vanished into thin air after 4 good dates, and the last straw was when a guy made really insulting comments to me on the 1st date (to the point I wanted to cry).

I deleted my profile (s) yesterday & don't ever wanna go back.. I'm almost 26 and I don't think I'll find the right guy & get married (lots of my friends are engaged already). I actually feel depressed over this.. I just stay home and sleep a lot, and I haven't had much appetite lately. Any tips on how to feel better? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds as if you were depressed before online dating and as you noticed your friends getting engaged before it started to show on the outside and subsequently started to attract trash to you. You don't sound like a woman that's not relationship material, you just seem to have too many rigid rules surrounding time lines for intimacy. I would change your focus, depression is both what you do with your body and mind, they go together. Focus on what makes you happy and you will see a difference and suddenly quality guys will find you, it's not magic it's attraction. You're still young and still worthy of love and marriage, who knows you may even meet your next beau tomorrow. Pick your head up, shoulders back, open body language and remember what ecstasy feels like and smile, think about it and make it stronger until you feel it through out your body and focus only on the feeling of ecstasy and you'll see a difference, flip your hair and think I like me and you like me too, it works.. Hope this helps. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Stop online dating. I did and haven't been happier - it just doesn't work for my personality - I've not had any horrible dates ( the girls were all lovely and polite) it's just things didn't click right, and the hit rate in talking and connecting with people was quite low. There are so many more avenues to meet people - meetup. com provides great social settings, and then there is speed dating (I haven't been yet, but I hear it's a reliable way to meet like minded people). Take up a new hobby, go with a girlfriend to a class or something. Good luck

• online dating is worst nowadays. join some extra curricular activities, gym, cooking classes, Dance lessons, exhibitions or social events. meet everybody there and surely you will find mr right.

at least in these activities, You will get to know person little bit before you going out with him.

in online dating, you don't even know if he is a gentleman or a jerk. avoid blind dates.

• Any particular reason you want to get married?

• Aww im sorry. Just work on yourself, let the guys come to you

What Girls Said 2

• I can't really help with the online dating part, but your age isn't an issue, at all. A lot of people get married at much later ages, so you shouldn't let that discourage you from perusing a relationship.

• That's so sad to here. You'll find the right guy with time. I think you did the right thing by deleting your accounts. I think it's best to surrond yourself with close friends and spends quality time with them and your family and remind yourself that you have a great life and you'll find him in time.