Men's and women's choices?

I read lots of statements on here from girls saying they go for the guy with the nice personality, makes them laugh, has a big heart etc... Well despite being a bit nervy at times I would like to think I have all those qualities, but no girl ever lets me get that far so she can begin to see those qualities, so on that basis I can only assume that despite saying she goes for guys like that, they omit to mention that looks come before all those things, but doesn't say it because they want to look shallow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks matter. How much they matter depends on the person. If someone isn't attracted to you, there's nothing they can do, and most likely nothing you can do either. Attraction can't be forced. It can build up over time, sure, but most people are too impatient for that, and don't want to feel like they're settling.

What Girls Said 1

• Confidence and humor then looks- Now if your a dirt bag then neither of those things will matter but you look like a decent looking guy so work on the other two.

What Guys Said 5

• Ignore what women say that they want, watch what they do. Women say that they want all sorts of things in a man, but at the end of the night they always go home with the bad boy/jerk who is the opposite of their stated preferences. When dealing with women, nice guys finish last.

• I think I will do what you say, ignore almost all they say and assume that apart from looks no other qualities will matter one iota to them unless first and foremost you look like a male model to them, anything else will never come into play unless you pass the looks criteria.

• @Asker not looks, they want bad boy jerks. I was a radio and television presenter who was prevailed upon to do some modelling and I could not get a date during my teens and 20s. Most young women want sociopathic criminal looking bad boys.

• Perhaps all the good guys should form a posse to rid the world of all bad boys, oh dear but that would make us bad boys too.

• Of course looks matter. Looks matter to you, too. However, guys are way more shallow when it comes to looks. Humor is a trait women like, they also like confidence.

• People do judge the book by its cover. But that's no always the case. Guys usually have to put them self out there a little more.

• How tall are you

• Fuck these kids. They are idealistic nitwits.