Is 26 and 18 too big an age gap?

I met this guy in Uni. He is a student too. He has told me he likes me and I like him but I don't know what he wants right now. He has said none of his mates are in Uni which makes me think this may never work given that i'm 8 years his junior. I just wanted a second opinion. Not trying to brag or anything but I am mature for my age. Everyone thinks I'm older than I am. But is it a viable age gap for anything or will this just turn into a fling.

Most Helpful Guy

• I did 26 and 18 before. Didn't really pan out to be honest. Just in different phases of life I guess. Like she wanted to go to 18+ clubs and her other 18 year old friends were always hanging around. I was past the "duuuuude, I was soooo wasted last night" novelty that comes with being 18, so it was kind of annoying from my perspective.

What Guys Said 3

• age is just a number since you're both legal ;-)

• You're an adult and he's an adult so I cannot understand the apprehension here. If you like each other then make it happen. :)

• Personally I think so.

What Girls Said 2

• If you love him, go for it.
    Love is love I hinestly ain't against anything for love

• It's not that important I have a friend that was dating a girl and she was 7 years older than him. As long as you think he really loves you then go for it :)