Can you love someone without loving yourself?

I personally believe that you can't but... soneones trying to prove something to me, And I wanna know your opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• No you can't. That relationship will fail. You MUST love yourself

• Would it fail because you'll end up hurting yourself? ...

The answer to this is as vague as the question itself. :(

Explain a bit more? if u want to

• Just an example, you have to trust your other half, trust is key. But how can you trust anyone when your confidence is shot because you dont love yourself? Its absolutely necessary to work on yourself before you get into a relationship because of a bunch of reasons like that

What Guys Said 5

• They always say you can't, but I think it's a little vague. Perhaps of more importance, can someone love YOU if you don't love yourself? Trying to be in a relationship with someone who is always putting themselves down (and is thus insecure and doubts that you actually love them) would be rather hard, I think.

• I thought I loved a person when I never loved myself but I allowed them to do horrible things to me. So it wasn't real love.

• Yes. I've done it for many years. You're a smart chic for asking such a profound question. Wish there were more like you.

• I have loved and DO love someone right now. And I'm so so with myself.

• Does crushing count? Lol

What Girls Said 3

• yes you can love some one with out loving yourself they may have a quality in them that you love that u wish u had in yourself it is possible

• I believe people need to, take care of, , themselves first then they can take care of others. This applies to love as well,

• I really doubt it. How can you love and respect someone, if you have not learned to love and respect yourself?