Dating someone who has a child?

Would you ever date someone who has a child from a previous relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a child he is two dated the father for 9 years left because of his drug use. Frankly not interested in dating at the moment but when i do date, i am sure i will have no trouble finding someone, You can start by looking on dating sites and going for a man with a child.

To me this is better anyway, why? because you have an amazing thing in common. He will understand you're child comes first and not see your precious child as baggage. To me this is my worst fear i never want a guy looking at my beloved child as baggage, he can go straight to hell.

I have a good job and can support my child 120% by my self, men like to think your looking for support but this is not true, only male companionship and a friend to your kid. Not a new father either, he's not taking on anything like that. There is a lot of stereotype single mom crap so you're best bet avoid all drama and having a guy think of you're child as annoying, simple date a man with a child.

men without kids also think they can get easy sex from you and may think you're loose from giving birth (ive had this said to me), used etc. I dont want any of that. Im freaking awesome, my son is amazing, there are many single dads who would love to date you.

• and im not loose to clarify, i haven't even had sex with anyone in the whole 6 months I've been single.

• :)...

• The thought about being loose never crossed my mind. I know some people may think that but I got an episiotomy when I gave birth and my boyfriend seems to think they stitched me up tighter than I was before.

What Guys Said 6

• I've tried. It never works. The mother almost always have ex-bf problems and will just rant to me about how bad the dad supposedly is and then they'd rant about the court battles and so on. The baggage was always too much.

• I have, twice. On both occasions the girl called it off. On both occassions, the girl was attractive and intelligent, but I got the feeling they didn't want their baggage weighing my life down. I was fine with that, and we parted as friends in both cases.

• i almost dated a guy without a child, i have one, this guy he was to hard to relate to didn't see the importance to me of my child, i wanted to leave because it felt like i was pushing my kid away in a small way. maybe i just wasn't ready but its hard to trust a guy without a kid, what is he thinking? does he pretend to like my child? does he think my child is baggage? all the relationships we go through in life will never compare to the real love we have for our children and uncontrollable urge to protect them.

• The guy should accept the child as part of your life. In one case I got along with the kid too well (to the point they were constantly asking where I was, because I'm fun). When I'm dating I let the girl have the option to bring the kid along - it shouldn't be an inconvenience to someone who is genuine about pursuing a relationship. On that note, don't second guess what a guy thinks about you having a kid - if you're unsure, ask. It should never be an issue for a guy to answer something simple yet as important as that.

• Hell no. I hate kids.

• At my age, honey, they all come with children from previous relationships. Lol.

• Nope I would never do it

• I will keep my money. She may keep her problems.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I would date someone who have kids, from a past relationship
    most people my age have at least 1 kid.

• No, not really. There typically is a lot of problems behind that. If I can avoid it I will, not to hate on anyone who will date someone with a kid or has one I just couldn't.

• Not unless I had one as well.