I'm 30, am I crazy for wanting to remain single until I feel otherwise?

I was with the same guy for so long and missed out on life. Right now I've been single for a couple years and I still don't want to date anyone.

I just wanna keep making FRIENDS finally... I went so long focused on my toxic relationship that I never made time for friendships that could have been.

I have no life experiences. Sure, it's not like i'm out there doing stuff all the time, but I'm out there more than I ever have in my entire life.

There's a lot of newness to my single life and I can't just cram it into every day. I do try to make the best of each day more now than before, though.

I used to go out less than once a month, sometimes 2 months would go by... now it's all the time, I really try to. I enjoy it.

I worry about my looks fading, as I know I am an attractive girl and always have easily attracted men. But it doesn't do anything for me anymore. (I appreciate it and would be lying if I said I wanted it to stop, so I'm not saying that)

But I'm worried I'll wake up one day and wish I had "gotten out there and dated".

I suppose the argument to that is that I could jump into a relationship now and wake up one day and wish I had "gotten out there, made friends and had fun and life experiences as an individual in the universe"

Can anyone relate or offer words of wisdom? In the past, I had gotten lost in my relationship... I also worry I will do that again if I get into one too soon because I used to never ever accept plans.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is more to life than just relationships. When we're younger (I'm 21), it seems like that's the most important thing, especially for people like me who have very little dating experience. It sounds like you're on a good path. You went through a long period in a relationship, and now you're decompressing from that experience. I've read that it takes people twice as long as the relationship lasted to fully get over it. You're probably still in the after effects of your toxic pairing.

Anyhow, don't sweat it. Your looks won't fade that fast. Women who eat right and train with weights can stay youthful into their 40s. Unfortunately, the issue you face is having kids. If you want them, you'll have to meet someone in the next 5 years or so. Good luck :-)

What Guys Said 3

• d00d that's not crazy at all. im doing the same shit lol.

• Hey at least you had already experienced and know what it's like being in a relationship before you turned 30, right?

I'm 30 myself now. Been asking about "What Age is the deadline or Point-of-No Return for those that want to be single forever or single for life to change their minds?" here at GAG, so far somebody said 60s.

So I'm guessing around 40s and 50s are the deadline should I have any 2nd thoughts about being single till the day I die. Otherwise I might as well surrender and accept my fate. Currently my perspective is very negative and bleak about life and our reality. I do not want a family with my own children etc., it's much too difficult for me already when it comes to the financial factors, but then again it's more so because of my pessimistic and bleak outlook of our reality and world, or rather the current state of world.

• I don't want children either. Now I find myself in a relationship and am very happy. He doesn't want children either. I almost didn't get into this relationship with my current partner, but I'm glad I did.

• The moment you stop living your life as a set of missed opportunities is the moment you start living.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm only 21 and I have been single for a few years too; I am a firm believer in being happy with yourself before you elect getting into a relationship. You need to establish a firm sense of self, rediscover who you are and what matters to you. Age has no effect on personal growth; it's something we do our entire lives.

• You sound like me! I'm so happy you've shared this. PM ME !!

• Not crazy in the slightest. I wish I had that confidence. Do what makes you happy. YAAAY!