Why does he not want me to post this on FB?

So, I've been dating this guy for about two months and it's been good. I've met his close friends, brother, parents and some of his cousins. Everything was going good and then I mentioned something about posting my new bf status on FB and he avoids this... Jokes that he would breakup with me if I do... But I feel like he really is serious about me not posting my new status by the way he acts... Why do you think he may act like this? Not wanting me to change my FB status showing him as my bf?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there's plenty of reason to keep your relationships off Facebook, especially when it's immediately apparent that the two of you are bound to have conflict specifically because of it. Not everyone wants their lives put on parade, and Facebook has been known to cause more than a drama or two for so many couples out there. You said for yourself, everything has been good. You've met his friends and family. Anyone important to you already knows what's up with your life and that you're seeing someone. Who cares if your ex boyfriend and the girls you graduated high school with are updated on your dating status? Don't let silly shit get in the way of a good thing.

• Yeah that does kinda make sense... So I don't know what to do... If I should just let it go. I maybe should though... I mean after all I've met his boss and boss wife and all his co workers too besides most of his family which includes All immediate... So it's true that's all that's important! 😊 And I guess I should trust him until he gives any better reason not to :/ thanks for the diff perspective. ☺️

• I recognize that changing a person's Facebook relationship status has become kind of a mile marker these days but I also think that's kind of warped. Facebook is not the real world. It's a lot of facades, actually. So he may be simply rejecting the Facebook circus rather than anything to do with you or your relationship. I wouldn't get bent about it unless you have some other reason to be suspicious.

What Guys Said 2

• People can make it into to big of a deal. I'm private and people can make it into to big of a deal. I hate Facebook and putting my entire life on display.

• Sounds like he wants to take it slow

• I don't know, He continually asks me to stay over... And it has been his idea everytime to meet his best friend, his brother, his cousin, his parents, and then met my kids recently...
      This is why I think it may be more like what @glamgamergal said below... :/ but I'm just confused... :/

• He hadn't been in a relationship for about 4-5 mos. before we started dating

• Uh oh... 4-5 months? Be careful miss. I sense 'rebound' somewhere.

What Girls Said 5

• The top, most likely reason is that he doesn't want someone to see it. Of course. Maybe not someone specific, but a specific type of person. Maybe he wants to seem avalible to girls that can't have him.

Is he a flirt? Because some flirts like to look single so they can keep getting attention, but when it gets to far he'd cut them off. When you're hanging out with him, try asking to see his phone and see what he says; to play games or something will be your reason, and look for an overreaction.

• I feel that he is not really sincere. I know it would cause bit discomfort in me too.
    It is like why so secretive and i dont like secretive behaviour.

• Exactly.

• I may just have to do that... :/

• Yup u shld. Coz u r feeling not right, best to get an answer out

• He might have another gf. If he does he doesn't want her to see on his page that he is in a relationship. But I don't know.

• Yeah this is what I'm afraid of. I just find it weird that he's introduced me to his whole family and I've been staying with him and now he acts like this... I think it's fishy... :/

• Its definitely fishy

• This is weird... You already meet his parents and he still doesn't want to public your status?

The only reason I can come up with is he doesn't want someone to see it... I would ask him why if I was you.

• Many people like to keep private things private. Especially when it comes to FB they don't want everything out there for everyone to see. The thing with FB is that once it's there, everyone sees it. Which means that in case you ever break up, you will have a lot of nosy people who will want their curiosity satisfied.

I know many people who have been together for ages (and are even married) and don't display their status on FB. They all have their own reasons, some may just not care about having it on FB.

Perhaps ask your boyfriend why he doesn't want it. I am sure he has legitimate reasons and there's nothing "fishy" going on.