Why does my boyfriend introduce me as his friend?

We have been seeing each other for about four months and official for three. During the first month, he had introduced me as a friend and I accepted that because we had not actually discussed what we were. But since then, things got more serious, we discussed it and agreed that we are boyfriend and girlfriend. So why is he still introducing me as his friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he doesn't really notice he is doing it... You're his girlfriend though and I'm sure it makes you seem insecure when he does that (like he is ashamed of you or something). I'd just bring it up sometime after he does it or maybe do it to him and see how he responds haha

What Guys Said 3

• He doesn't see you as his girlfriend or he doesn't it want to be known publicly. You should ask him whether he wants to keep it a secret or make it public. If he avoids the question than most likely he's just trying to get into your pants.

Just my take though.

Some people are sensitive about keeping it a secret or making it public thing. Just ask him.

• This can't be good. It seems that she's ashamed of you or something. If he doesn't get it, I think that you should leave him

• Not cool... sounds like he's ashamed of what people might think of you.

What Girls Said 3

• He should have introduced you as his girl since you guys have had a thing for like four months. You need to talk to him about what you guys are before you invest all your time in nothing.

• Talk to him about it, he should be introducing you as his girlfriend

• This is NOT OKAY! You need to have a talk with him about it