Are smart girls crazier or more insecure than "normal" girls?

Guys have you noticed when dating/befriending an intellectual girl, that they are a little more crazy or insecure than "normal" girls?

Can you share your experiences?

Most Helpful Guy

• Intellectual girls are just as crazy as any other girl. An uneducated woman will use ignorance to fuel her arguments, but a smart girl will twist facts to fuel hers. Either way they come off equally as insane and insecure to me.

I don't know if smart girls act differently to other women. Women are very competitive with each other, so that might be why you might have noticed a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if less educated women also treat smarter women differently out of jealousy.

• I'm tired of everyone calling people insecure. We all are. Every single person in the world has insecurities; just some have more than others &/or some hide it better.

• Yes everyone has insecurities. I never implied that wasn't the case. Letting these insecurities take over and create tension in a relationship is a problem. It is a problem all men and women have, but the more frequently it happens, the bigger of a problem it will be.

What Guys Said 14

• Im sorry, i ignored the speed bump that said "intellectual girls" because yes its possible... but i couldn't dodge the brick wall that said "normal" girls... i don't think there is such a thing my friend. (and just a heads up, you just subtly called your gender dumb)
    I have a bunch of very intelligent women as friends and they are cooler than i can imagine, responsible, "intellectual".. but throw emotions in that mix and the crazy comes out. I can't count the number of times i had to stop them from doing something rash. Girls are emotional, emotions make people crazy... hereby, girls (at least a good majority of them) are just crazy, not normal. they might seem "normal", you just need to hit the right button.

• Talking to intellectual girls at first is much harder to break down their barriers, once they are down they are great people.
    They are very closed when you first meet them in my experience compared to normal or dumb girls.
    I find dumb girls to be the crazy ones, because they are dumb. You can spot the dumb crazy ones from miles away, pretty much anyone that does a duck face.

• That's hilarious. Well you can't forget about the girls are like smack dab in the middle. In my opinion, we are a great mixture of everything. Shy at first, crazy, adventurous, not like everyone else, & smart yet not a know-it-all.

• No smart girls seem to be more like men... logical

• Intelligence has no bearing on ability to be rational and ability to be rational does not equate being rational.

• if they were insecure then they'd not be smart :-P

• Sometimes, I think the better word is "weird". Now, I'm weird too, and I'm starting to think how weird you are is directly proportional to how smart you are, big thy that's beside the point. I've been friends with girls who were smarter than me and they weren't crazy or insecure, but they probably wouldn't be the life of the party.

• People think you're weird when you're constantly questioning things.

• I'd say being weird is associated with being different, not liking what everyone else likes, not doing whatever everyone else does. And smart people know what they like and aren't afraid to do what they want

• I don't think that has everything to do with it. I'm extremely weird, but I'm no genius. I'm not a ditzy, stupid person, but somewhere in the middle.

• They're more inexperienced and clingy in my experience. Other than that I don't know about insecure. Pretty much every girl on earth is pretty insecure, especially around VS fashion show week.

• I feel guilty about this one. Sorry for my lack of modesty in calling myself smart :P but it's true that I know really well what type of man I want to be with, and when I do find this man, I panick that I won't find another one like him so I start to freak out and become clingy and insecure. maybe this means I'm not that smart lol

• have you ever heard the phrase ignorance is bliss? Because thats what's going on, with intelligence comes insecurity because they think about it more often. Every one has insecuritys but smarter people tend to overthink it more than usual.

• this question suggests that normal girls are not smart ;)

• I have never met a girl smarter than me so I don't really know. but smarter people tend to be less emotionally driven the smarter the person is the less emotional they are

• I don't think that's true. I do think smart girls are less dramatic, but emotion-level is also hereditary. It depends on the person.

• I disagree that smarter girls are less emotionally driven. I'm pretty intelligent and also extremely driven by my emotions

• Sorry to but in, but the guy is right. I look stupid a lot on here because I type fast & it misses some of my letters & words >.<

• Yes smart girls are little weird. I am doing Applied science and there is few girls in my course and they are not normal girls. They are nerds, but they are fun once you get to know them. It took them quite a while to open up and talk to us normally but now we can chat away without any fumbling or any nervousness.

• I think that's called being shy. Weird is different than shy, right? Or do those of us who take a little longer to open up to strangers come off as weird?

• those who take a little longer to open up to stranger they are often come up as weird, because I had a few friends who just wouldn't talk and they were being shy but not talking to someone who you meet everyday and have the same classes for two months would be considered as weird. But at the end she did start to talk to us slowly and now we can get along perfectly fine.

• A little when they start to over analyze and freak out.

• I'd take overanalyzing as a compliment. I only do that if I really like a guy. Otherwise, I don't care that much.

• Same, but I don't know if its a compliment. if I really like a guy I over analyze the crap out of it, but I'm afraid it pushes them away...

• Depends on whether they use their smartness for manipulation or better things. Everyone is smart in their own way

• Some smart girls are crazy, some crazy girls are smart. Intellect has nothing to do with madness.

• or insecurity.

• this crazy girls that are smart.. are undercover psychopaths lol

• No, but they are definitely more fun when you get into an argument. I've found some smart girls like to spar that way.

What Girls Said 27

• How do you define normal when everyone of us on this planet is unique? I know who iam i know where I want to go in life iam very open minded i am easy on the eye i know how to have fun and iam well educated so where do I fall in your normal group or intellectual? You are stereotyping and labelling women and not very well... what you find normal the nxt won't and so forth. Is this not more. to do with personal experiences and social interactions to judge ones craziness.

• This assumption is completely ridiculous and insulting. Do you consider "normal" girls to be dumb? If that is what is considered normal these days then God help us. You do realize there are various forms of intelligence, right? Besides, it's actually the prettier the girl the crazier she is ;)

• I'm smart as fuck, academics and street smarts, and I am definitely crazy and confident with myself :)
    I think it all depends from person to person though. In general, smarter girls know what they're worth and that there are bigger problems to worry about.

• Smart people are the best no matter what. Who would be glad with someone always says "I don't know", "I have no idea" etc. Or someone never gets your jokes? Someone can't give you good advices and help to solve your problems? Even a smart enemy is way more better than a stupid friend.

• I think I read an artikel once about it. Intelligent people can overthink their actions better, but as result of that, they could also think that their actions could have been better or something. I noticed it too. I think craziness is a different story

• Maybe... Anyone with a developed sense of observation would notice how very vulnerable women are in this world.

• Yes, I'd say so. Not necessarily crazy in a bad way though... But I have a very high level of intellect which makes me question things, look at the negative parts of society, constantly thinking and diving myself into an existential crisis. It makes for great conversations though. I like when I can have deep, late night conversations with the person I'm attracted to. It turns me on.

Sapiosexual for life :)

• Its the same with boys too

You're referring to the type of people who live 'outside the box' or 'on the outskirts of society'
    Or people who are just weird
    Like me:)
    Anyway, personally I think we do go a little crazy once our knowledge on life starts to expand vastly compared to a lot of people
    Or maybe we just feel emotions in a lot more depth (therefore making us insecure)
    Because when you feel a lot deeper, you're then more vulnerable to those who don't have the same intellect as you
    I tend to shut people out:/ but I wouldn't recommend on doing so
    There's nothing wrong with being insecure
    As for crazy.. Some people's craziness is anothers reality. Keep that in mind.

But that's a small part of my own theory to my personality
    That or I'm just a sociopath..
    But yeah, stay weird:)

• I'm a crazy smart girl:) I'm not insecure though :):)

• I don't think intelligence has so much to do with ones "craziness". I know women of all sorts and do not think there is a connection between the two.

• I guess u could say that I'm smart but yes I am very insecure with myself. Studies have shown that smarter girls are at higher risk of developing mental disorders like anorexia and bulimia. Not so much crazy as most girls are a little bit out there hehe.

• I'm a crazy intellectual potato (: insecurity is part of me, though it does not worry me asy much as other females.

I think I may be more crazy than the average female though. Haha Yeah. yeah

• If they think that being smart s he onl thing they have going for them than yea they are more insecure. I don't know about crazy tho

• I don't really believe that. One of my friends is extremely smart and she isn't insecure at all.

• I am most often referred to as a "wasted talent".

Half of me is crazy, insecure and self destructive.
    Half of me is intellectual, optimistic and uber confident.

I am unfortunately both at once.

• what are your talents?

• what are you currently doing?

• Read my profile :)

• Are smart girls crazier or more insecure than "normal" girls? answer is NO big NO

• Ya some girls are very much insecure it may there nature but its also depend on guys if there action are doubtful then girls would surely be insecure.

• If a guy thinks your too smart or weird to be with because you are too smart, then he is too dumb for you.

• Well i'm crazy but not insecure.

• Well they can act hyper and funny and energetic when you are close with them.

• In my experience as friends, they are generally more high strung.

• Smart girls like to have fun. They can be really insecure too though.

• Being an intelligent person doesn't mean they're crazy or vice versa.. Generally they're more introverted, and have more confidence in themselves because they rely on their knowledge rather than opinion, they could be somewhat social awkward due the fact that they spend more time feeding their knowledge than their social circle...

• Never heard crazy
    But most smart girls are ugly as fuck. And by smart I'm assuming you mean intelligent/book smart

• I am an intellectual girl, who has very smart friends, and I can tell you that yes that is true. Everyone has their insecurities, but thinkers analyse every single piece of information they get and try to make sense of everything. When you realize what you do not know, it makes you feel small. Also, a high IQ makes it far more likely for someone to get depressed, have ADD and certain other mental problems. Asking big questions leads to possibly not being able to obtain the knowledge you want to obtain, which in turn could very well drive you mad. Wouldn't you go mad if every time you look at something you wonder why? How? When?

• Hmm... here's the thing: smart people, especially girls, come in different forms.

Some smart girls=attractive, and their 'smartness' is based more on good upbringing, exposure to various things, class, culture, etc.

Some smart girls=not attractive, but they manage to have other dimensions of their personality which make them stand out.

Some smart girls, (these are the super insecure ones)=they are socially awkward, for whatever reason, and they CLING to being 'smart' as their identity, while secretly wanting to be 'just another girl,' who has fun, and enjoys life. But they don't know how to be that, so they try to look down on others/judge others, when in reality, all they want to be, is happy, and 'fun.' Also, because they make their whole personality about being smart, when they are proved 'not that smart' by others, they go crazy, because well, it's their whole personality.

The least insecure 'smart girls' are the sly ones; they like looking good, but understand it's not enough to get by, and focus on doing other things like education, and hobbies, on the side.

• A smart girl would hide her insecurity because it's unattractive. Hahahahahahahaha idothis hahahaha I'm insecure about being insecure. You'll never know.