Is it normal to doubt feelings?

Ok so me and my bf have been going out for 2 months, I love him so much and I know he feels the same, but sometimes I just don't feel all lovey dovey when I am not with him, is this normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're young and probably haven't had a lot of relationships. The first couple of months are the most exciting and you want to be around that person all the time, and be really affectionate. That's the 'honeymoon period'. Once that's over you start to settle in and things become routine. It's perfectly normal for that to fade, and then you really start to get to know the person and find out if you're really compatible. You don't have to make out with him all the time and want to be all over him all the time to be happy. It doesn't mean you don't like him or don't want to be with him. Every relationship in the history of mankind has had that happen. If you start comparing now, and the next few months to when you first started seeing him, you will be disappointed because it will never be like that again. That's not a bad thing, it's normal. As long as you enjoy spending time with him, and still feel lovey dovey sometimes and you guys are happy, it's all good.

What Guys Said 2

• What's troubling you then?

• well yesterday for example I was out with him, we were hugging, laughing, kissing, talking etc...
      but when I got home I felt very strange and when I thought of him I felt almost nothing, I'm scared because I don't know what this means and I am going to see him again today

• yes, but not as serious as this one, this is the first time I have been in love

• Yeah, there you go. That love feeling is a first time for you, so give it time.

It could be that he was smothering you or he was coming on too strong. If so, then find a way for him to move slowly.

• It's normal not to feel loveydovey all the time. That's just not how real relationships are.

What Girls Said 1

• You are at the age, Lion0128 where you should be having these raging hormones. You have normal and natural feelings when you are both together because you are Alone, no one is there to watch you or judge you and you are feeling comfy and cozy as two birds of a feather when together in your own nest to nestle and nuzzle.
    The minute you get home, you are most likely feeling Awkward in the house, under the same roof... under their thumb. Mom and dad are around, you can't be yourself to Feel happy and to let loose because you feel like all eyes are watching and waiting for you to make a wrong move that might be embarrassing to you.
    It's all in your head so don't worry. You love him, he loves you, but it's most likely that deep down you are not wanting to make this a family affair and it goes dead in the water when you have reached this pool of a problem child pattern.
    Good luck. xx