Is dating while in high school worth it?

I'm a senior in high school and was wondering if dating there is worth the time

Most Helpful Guy

• yes and no , it can be a good experience and help you learn about dating and such. it can also at times be a waste of time as people at this age not really sure what they want and often things don't work out long

What Guys Said 6

• its a hit or miss d00d.

• The experience is worth it... however most of these relationships fail soon after high school is over.

• Nooo!!! Don't do it. Dating is not woth it untill you are ready to settle down.

• In my opinion it's a good time to get experience but the chances of it continuing smoothly or even continuing after college is low.

• If there's a specific person you like a lot then it's worth it.

• What? Why not? Just have some fun, shit. Stop trying to think about all the outs and ins of your future, try getting your own out and in filled for a change.

• I don't know i just don't see the point in dating somone who I'll probablly break up with in less than a year

What Girls Said 4

• it wouldn't hurt to develop communication skills and learn how to interact with a guy. Its best to get use to guys so that you dont end up having false expectaions about guy behavior and romance

however trying to get serious is not worth it because you are gonna have to think about your future and try to hope that you two have the same plans for the future. If you want to stay together then you two have to figure out what you are gonna do after highschool. Are you gonna go to the same college? different college? where would you get jobs? what if he gets a job offer on the other side of the world? What if he goes to the military? Do you want to get married? then you two are gonnna have to plan your lives ahead so that you can guarantee you two will follow that path.

i think its only best to get serious with someone that has a clear view of where they want to be in the future. and well young people just can't be so sure. especially when you get to college and you have so many opportunities to do other things, like sex with multiple people and study abroad programs.

my fiance and i didn't decide to get serious until the end of college. I have dated guys before him but he is my actual first longterm relationship

• Im a senior in high school too. I never dated. Freshman + sophomore year i didn't see a point in doing so and i was too preoccupied with school+sports+family. Junior I had a thing going on with this guy but it quickly ended when 90% of all he talked about was sex. During the summer f my junior year, i met this college freshman and he was everything I wanted in a relationship. He treated me well, loved learning and was interesting and easy to talk to. We had a lot of things jn common. This made me realize how much of a lie most of high school "relationships" are -_- . But know im even more excited for college :D

I don't feel like I missed out on anything :)

• It really depends. I agree the experience is definitely worth it. But certain circumstances could make the relationship perfect. So, yes.

• I don't think it is.
    Mostly because I am kind of old fashioned (I suppose, I don't what other words to say) and I feel like dating in high school is just fooling around. I know I am not gonna be with him after high school so I don't see any point in wasting my time on him/them etc.

and maybe it's just that I don't like wasting my time.