Why do guys treat their girlfriends differently when they're in front of their guy friends?

Details and personal experiences would be helpful ;) Girls, do you think your boyfriend treats you differently when other guys are around? Guys, do you find that you distance yourself slightly when your friends are around? Less affectionate, lovey dovey? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much all guys do this. It's not so much that he's behaving differently in front of his friends, but rather he normally behaves differently with you.

It's not to be seen as a bad thing, though. Often times men will just be a little bit more affectionate and let their guards down more when they are alone with their girl.

• I think you're right about that :) Thanks for answering my question! I guess girls bring out the softer/sweeter side, lol ;)

What Guys Said 3

• hehe well that stuff's private.

• Because there is a social code among groups of friends. When you associate with that group, the guy is likely going to behave as he would with his friends. Most likely, that will be less affectionate than when he's in private with you.

When you associate with an established group, you are expected to conform to their norms, rather than having everyone change their behavior for you.

• Really good way of explaining it :) Thanks a bunch :)

• Umm nope. Maybe a little more affectionate than normal. Just show them that it's my girl and no one is gonna mess with her :p And I think my girlfriend is more important than my friends that is unless she breaks up lol

• That's actually pretty cute and I never thought of it like that, lol :) That's one way to show that she's yours... lol :)

• Lol u didn't coz you are a woman :p yea it is and makes her happy too :)

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend treats me the same when his friend is around.

The reason guys might do that though is cause they don't want their friend to tease them and stuff.

• I never really thought of it like that, lol :) I'm glad some guys still treat their girlfriends normally ;)

• Yeah lol