Can guys be intimidated by pretty girls? even if she's not slutty. maybe guys automatically think cuz ur pretty your slutty?

every guy i meet tells me how I'm so beautiful and funny. and fun to talk to. they love texting me and chatting, they think I'm cool. yet I've been single for 3 years. it almost seems like thy just want to have sex. this last guy i met said all these same things yet he dosnt want to date. i just don't get it. can a guy be intimidated by a really pretty girl to the point they don't want to date them? or are they just not ready. but if a guy is not ready to date but meets a cool girl won't he not want to lose her? i just don't get it.. I'm so sick of searching.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm GUESSING the reason they don't wanna date is because you present yourself in a way that only showcases your looks but nothing flattering for your personality. We guys see those type of girls all the type. The type of chick that everyone wants to bang but nobody would wanna date long term

• oh no you got what i said all wrong. I'm only telling you this is what they say when they meet me. I'm not protentious or high on my self at all. I'm a humanitarian i care for people sometimes more than i should. I'm just saying this is what they say. and when they do i don't act cocky i just politely say thank you. they do always say i have a lot of class. my confusion is if they think these nice things why don't they commit i mean my personality is just as beautiful

• but for some reason i just can't find a bf in the past 3 years its making me feel sad

• A picture would help

What Guys Said 4

• What qualities are you looking for in a guy? How are you meeting them?

• I'm looking for a husband material someone who can be a good father. but don't get me wrong i don't overwhelm them with this i don't tell them this. i just say I'm looking for something serious.

• Hmm online dating especially is strange, you would expect the guys on there to state they are also looking for something serious and I assume you have been looking for that in there profile or messages before you meet up?

It doesn't sound like intimidation to me, perhaps just being unlucky or finding guys who don't want the same as you do.. Maybe a bit of both.

If you're dating online still, mention on your profile that you're only interested in finding a long term partner to avoid any guys who are scared by commitment. What about children? Is this something you have mentioned? Some guys will get scared of this if you mention it early on. Not because they won't ever want children, but they probably want to have you to themselves for a while first.

• thank you.. i will change my aproach

• Yes guys can be intimidated by looks.

To answer your question in the body of the thread: yes, yes, and yes. Do I need to go into detail?

• you aren't really 30 - 35 aren't you?

• yes we can be intimidated but that is not because we think that they are slutty we just think that they are pretty. and get this out of your head now, NOT EVERY GUY ONLY WANTS SEX

• thank you.. i will try to stop thinking that way

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe the problem is that whenever you meet a guy you automatically think that all they want is sex, when the opposite is true. Get over this supercilious, sanctimonious view of yourself and reflect on other traits (personality traits) that would turn guys off. I just listed two.

• good point.. yes i do think every guy is trying to use me. but only because its happened to me so many times its just how i think every guy is.. i will try not to think that way

• I'm going to say it like this, if you open your heart to love no matter how many times you get hurt it will come.
    At this time you may not be ready to date, if you think every guy only wants sex. Not every guy wants sex.