Would you leave your credit card with someone you are out on a date with if you dont really know well?

So we were on a date and he had to go to the bathroom and he actually lefted me with his card (he handed me the card) to give it to the waiter. Now I think its weird because I wouldn't leave my card with anyone... because it will be easy for them to write my numbers down, expiration, and the numbers on the back. Im not going to steal his card, maybe im not use to that. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope! People these days get crazy and try to keep information for future references, esp credit card info. Then once they have it, who knows what charges you'll have next. You may not have a lot on the card but that sure wouldn't stop them from trying!

What Guys Said 7

• I have done this and see no problem with leaving a card with the person I am with. My thought if a person is going to steal then let them get it over with now than latter. I do not let people who steal into my life and if I find out they stole from another I leave them out of my life.

He trust you or hopes that he can trust you. If you are around people who would take your number and go shopping then you don't have friends.

• I probably wouldn't have been with them in the first place if I didn't think they were trustworthy. Besides, in the situation you described, if there were fraudulent charges on his card he would probably know the people who had had access to it. So he'd probably know where to find you.

• Nope, I would not do that.

• Eh, naive. I don't trust anyone unless they're very close. You hear it on the news and shit, how teachers and steal from their students. There's so many goddamn shady people out there. I wouldn't trust my date.

• 1 call to the credit card company and you're heavily fucked. People are stupid with being so fussy about their CCs.

• I've had my date take my card and go up to the counter to pay I trust her and she trusts me

• lol, I've done that before in a few different circumstances, even given her my pin number. My date isn't going to defraud my credit card ffs! lol. I do a little check though, looking her in the eyes telling her I'm giving her my card; her reaction tells me if I can trust her.

• my dad says never to do that

• on my own head be it! My judgement has been good so far.

What Girls Said 2

• Sure, I don't have any money so they'd be really upset if they tried to steal from me.

• Because he trusted you. My boss trusted me with hers too.
    For myself, I won't do it