Would you be able to fall in love with a narcissist?

What are the odds of you falling in love with one?

What if you only realized their narcissistic ways later on in the relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll be surprised what 'love' can make you do. It's such a lengthy discussion but also which is why certain parts of psychology debate that love is a psychological imbalance. The way most people perceive love and accept it, I support that inference though :-)

True love is the most logical emotion I've known and very balanced :-)

• soo... answer my question.

Would you be able to fall in love with a narcissist

• The pleasure will always be mine while you're always welcome :-) :-)

• Thank you, young lady for your kind and thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :-) your generous gesture is well taken and wholly appreciated :-)

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly it would be hard for me to date someone who was obsessed with herself. I need mutual attraction. If it was all about her and not about me I would feel too neglected.

• I don't mind as long as she's beautiful.

What Girls Said 6

• I doubt it. I have broken off many friendships because they were narcissists. I had this one guy friend that completely self-centered and he tried to ask me out but his personality was a complete turn off and I just wasn't attracted to him because of it. But I can't completely rule it out because I guess you can't control who you fall for :)

• same :)... i mean it get relaly annoying but love overpowers everything

• I'm not really a strong believer that "love conquers all" but I am just kind of cynical when it comes to that sort of thing. I haven't been in love so I guess I don't really know yet :)

• I did and it was quite terrible. Even when he messed up, he'd twist it so that it seemed like it was my fault. He was rarely apologetic for his maltreatment of me, and was just super self-serving. It was exhausting and morally degrading. Hard to get out because I lived with so much guilt (about not being good enough or the reason for all our problems) that he brainwashed into me.

• if i know he is one before we enter into a relationship. i wouldn't want to be with him. but if it happen after we are, then i wld weigh the pros and cons, that means looking at his strengths and weaknesses and whether we are still compatible

• I don't like people who think they are superior to me, because I'm pretty self centered about that subject myself, so it gets me irritated. So probably not.

• Maybe that's what my crush considering how he's been acting lately I feel like it's all my fault and he keeps talking about how he's so happy and doesn't care about me being happy. Today he even tried to make me give up on him.

• Arrogance is a huge deal-breaker. I happen to view narcissists as very unattractive people so no.