How long after the start of a new relationship, do you know if that person is right for you or not?

It takes me about 3 months to figure out if I want to stay in a relationship or not, not sure if that's good or bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• It usually takes me 2 weeks maximum. Maybe because I studied psychology so I immediately know the person I am dealing with, and also to determine my compatibility with him.

• Completely unrelated, and I mean no offense by asking this, but is it true that most psychologist themselves have glaring personality defects that they wanted to try and sort out by becoming a psychologist? I have a female friend that studied it and she said that a lot of people do that.

• Not really. I studied psychology to understand myself and others better and to to know how to deal with people around me according to their personalities. It helped me a lot. My mind has never been clearer :)

What Girls Said 2

• It's different for everyone and in every relationship, some people know by a couple of weeks, some know by a couple, sometimes it takes years.
    It usually takes me around a month for finding out he's not right for me. But for me knowing that a guy was right for me it took 4 or 5 months.

• Depends how long it takes for them to show their real self. So it can range from anything to a week to a few months.

What Guys Said 0