If you have been together for several years, is it okay if?

Is it okay if your boyfriend/girlfriend of several years only calls every three to four days or should they make contact more often?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is totally personal preference. I personally would be an every day guy but others are different.

What Guys Said 2

• Do you not live together?

• No we do not.

• I would say if you have been dating for several years that the relationship would have naturally progressed to the point of you two living together. No right or wrong answer here. If this is how it is, then I would say this is as close as this guy want to get with you. Not what I would like, but that is just me. If you want more I would say it is ok to go for it. If you are both happy with the current situation, no need to fix something that isn't broke.

• Actually, I do want more. I believe that is why I posted the comment on this website to see if perhaps I was "overreacting" in my mind to the fact that he does not contact me. He will tell me that he contacts his mother and a couple of his close friends throughout the week. I had mentioned to him a while back about contacting me more often and he did for a while but now it is back to the same as before. He says he is busy with work and to a degree, I know that he is. But I also know that if you can pick up your phone and call your mother and some of your closest friends, then you can pick up that same phone and call this girl that you have had no problem sleeping with for the past several years now!

• For me, I'd call her everyday to every other day just to hear the sound of her voice.

• That is my preference as well. He works out of town. He is lucky to be home one time a month. So, I myself, do not call him for fear that he is busy and do not wish to disturb him but I do wish that he would take the time to call me more.

• Thanks. Appreciate your time and your comments!

• I think it is time we have a talk as well. I just hope that he isn't an A about it. If he is, I need to recognize that he is not for me and move on to better things. Thanks again.

What Girls Said 2

• It is different from person to person, but if you are bothered with him/her not talking enough with you, you should tell the person. After all, conversation is important. BUT If you see each other a lot during the week, it might be superfluous to call everyday as well.

• No, unfortunately, we do not get to see each other often. He works out of town and therefore we do not get to see each other frequently. I would love to talk with him more than just every three to four days but I do realize that his job keeps him busy as well and I do not wish to bother him. But sometimes it does get lonely.

• My ex bf call me every day when he have time.