My bf is taking a girl alone to the movies for her bday?

My bf and I have been dating a little over a year now and it is his best female friends birthday. He is taking her to the movies for her bday. When I asked if I could come along he said no because she kind of just wants to hang out her and him for his bday. I was like umm excuse me she doesn't have that right they aren't dating she can't just request a date to the movies with just the 2 of them. Am I wrong to feel hurt and pissed off about this? I met her plenty of times before she we know each other. It is just odd that my bf is completely fine with taking her to the movies even after I asked to come along he is willing to accommodate her feelings over mine when that seems backwards to me. What would you say to your SO if that wa you and how would you feel? I also feel that if it is innocent they don't have anything to hide therefore I should be allowed to come.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's her birthday. If she's not really friends with you why would she put herself in a third wheel position which shifts all the focus on you two on her own birthday?

Instead of asking if its all innocent with nothing to hide why shouldn't you be allowed to come, you should be asking yourself if you trust your boyfriend enough to let him spend 2 hours alone in public with another girl.

• I just feel like she is being weirdly possessive of him to demand that they be alone. Like what? She isn't his gf in my opinion that is a request a off can make.

• Would you let him go to the movies with a guy friend by themselves? If yes, then the issue here is your trust level with your boyfriend.

• With another girl it is different. That isn't about trust its about boundaries and respect for a relationship. There is plenty they can do for her day it doesn't have to be the movies. Movies is too date like am it hurts me that he is so adamant about being alone with her.

What Guys Said 2

• Is it wrong of you, no. Do you know the basis of their friendship?

• That is unacceptable. Guys and girls have a hard enough time being just friends without encouraging date like behavior. It might be innocent, but it is still unreasonable for him to take her on a date and expect you to be okay with it.

• Exactly like take her out to lunch for her day if they need to be alone that badly not to a date like place like the movies

What Girls Said 2

• I would be pissed off too. If he really cared about you, he would object to his "friend" not allowing you to go . He should be giving her a ultimatum, either you go too, or he does not go at all. I would insist on going, your his gf, and he is going beyond the boundaries of your relationship , if he doesn't rise to your standards within the relationship, you definitely shouldn't lower yours to his! What you put up with, is what you end up with. A guy who cares about you will be willing to do anything to be your everything.

• Exactly. Gf over female friend any day.

• If he isn't prepared to make small sacrifices for you, id seriously consider your relationship with him. This is not about trust, it is about priorities!

• she might like him as more than friends so beware. I am sure he doesn't notice that because I can sense he is being frank with u. I think u should not make a big deal out of it so u don't seem a troublemaker and she will win over u.
    I even advise u to act that u like her in front of him and piss her in private, that way she will show her bad attitude towards u and he will realize that she is starting it ;)