Awkward Goodbyes on Dates! No touching etc - tips?

Hey! So I've gone out for a few dates with a really sweet guy from my college. We've really connected by talking during these few get togethers, but mainly by text in between. We've known each other for a few months now and have only met up individually a few times. Each time we have a really cute date, there's hardly any touching (probs because of the setting, sitting across from a table etc etc) except a quick foot brush or something along those lines.

However, once the date's over it gets really awkward. Like... we say our little goodbyes and I can tell we're both thinking "ok so like.. should be hug or kiss or what?" and nothing happens.

How should I go about fixing this for nextime? We're both home for the holidays now, so we probably won't be able to hang out until the new year anyways, but I just feel so awkward because this is certainly not his first relationship but it is mine, and I'm fairly unexperienced in the whole dating field.

Based on input from guy friends reading our texts and me explaining our little run-ins, he's definitely into me but possibly just a awkward/shy guy if that helps at all.

Help me outttt, any recommendations?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate dinner dates for this exact reason... you're sitting across from each other almost like a job interview, you have to strain to reach each other. The movies you can't talk, but you can hold hands.

You can try holding his hand, or putting your arm around his back and snuggling up against him while you're walking (cold winter weather is a great excuse to hug). As for the goodbye - you should both go for it! I am happy with a hug on the very first meeting but would prefer a kiss to confirm the interest (and get me excited about seeing her again).

If you hug him goodbye, try not fully releasing the hug... just enough so that you're face to face, and then go in for a kiss!

• great tips! I'll keep those in mind :)

• Thanks for MHO. This was a month ago, how did it go?

• I haven't seen him since actually! we both just got back from winter break and have been chatting a bit, but I have a feeling that month really snuffed the flame haha

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0