With online dating becoming more popular, do you think meeting potential dates other ways is starting to become more obsolete?

Is it weird if a person doesn't meet dates the old fashioned way, or is online dating starting to become so normal that it's not really a cause for concern? What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely isn't weird to meet people the old-fashioned way. But online dating/tinder/other third-party apps are definitely becoming more popular. With people's schedules becoming busier, apps help the process at least in some way by just putting it out there that you're at least interested/attracted to someone else. All based on preference though tbh

What Guys Said 2

• I think online dating is basically a fad, and will start to fade pretty soon. People are getting sick of blind dating, which is really what online dating is.

Face to face dating will make a comeback.. Just as the suburbs are losing their popularity, and people are starting to want to live in the central city again.

• I've never dated anyone I've met online. I met women everywhere I go very easily. If I met someone with a great personality online I would be fine meeting up for a date, but I don't actively seek out dates online.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it depends on the person... online dating is deffinitly more acceptable than it used to be but coming from a girl that has an iPad instead of books in school... loves her phone and a lot of her life revolves around the internet and phones etc ... I would much rather meet somebody in person and hit it off rather than online dating.:)

• In a way, yeah, but I am skeptical about the traditional form of meeting-and-deeting becoming entirely obsolete. Technology can never replace human communication.