Anyone start dating again and then feel smothered and miss their alone time?

Does anyone feel this way after not dating for a while? Is it because it's been a while since being in a relationship, or is it because you're not ready to date again?

I am not dating yet (single 2 years now) but was talking to a guy for a while and just from his texts and wanting to Skype and text while we watched the same show, I felt smothered. It was an online connection, not even in person. I still feel relieved that is over. I used to not ever feel I had enough of my ex and now it's like, I just want my alone time or my friends. I just wonder if anyone else feels this way? I am surprised by it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yes. So much so, I gave up dating all together. And have been happier for it. But I don't think you should take it to the extent I have... I've gotten use to it a little too much... I haven't been on a even a single date since October, 2007.

I know, I know,... Everyone is gonna say, 'No, its cause your too ugly to get anyone!' Well, I won't argue. But It really is my choice, I've had some really beautiful girs (I know, I know,.. 'Its only cause you're a Marine!'), well, maybe. But either way, I walked away from the whole scene. Now, I probably couldn't get another date if I tried. But, there you have it.

Good luck, Seet heart, and God bless.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see any problem with it.

• I feel somewhat the opposite. I've been broken up for a few months now and I immediately felt I needed to look for someone. I felt lonely and by myself. I was dating someone and maybe felt a bit smothered and feel I want some alone time.

What Girls Said 1

• You've just become comfortable with being single. When someone comes along that sort of "intrudes" on your space... (space that has been vacant for two years in your case) it feels uncomfortable and you just want to push them away. It also ties into not wanting to be hurt again subconsciously. I say if the connection is great and you truly like him push through it. We are creatures of habit so it is hard to adopt new things or accept new people in our lives when we've become oh do comfortable with our routine.