My ex boyfriend is ignoring me, why do guys do things like this?

I'm not bombarding him with different forms of contact or anything like that. Just texted him once or twice and he said he will get back to me when he has time which is fair enough. Yet, he's been online constantly for the last couple of days and just hasn't bothered msgin me like he said he would.

I'm a straight talker and I can't take bulshit or games. I don't play around so why would he just ignore me like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he can and doesn't want to talk to you. Take his actions for what they are. He doesn't want you in his life right now. It might be hard but you need to go on living without him. If he wants to talk again in the future that's up to you if you want him in your life at that point

• I don't want him back, I ended things, I needed to speak to him about something important that's the only reason why I contacted him. I ended things because he was a passive loser

• Yea, but if you need your stuff and he's not responding you have no choice. You're doing good by acting sensible up to this point, but you need to be aggressive/angry now. He's got right to be angry and I wouldn't be surprised if he threw out or burned your books. But if you want them back, then you have to go take them

• Lol he better have my books, that's just childish if he has ruined them. He's behaving like a child

What Guys Said 5

• Because he had intense feelings for you and the breakup whether it was from him or you, is painful. It's not a game, he's most likely hurt and needs time to release those negative feelings, also men don't do well with being friends after a breakup, he most likely wants you to feel his pain. I would be a little more empathetic toward his plight, he's most likely in an emotional state and needs alone time doing things that guys do to work it out in his head.

• I don't want his friendship, nor do I want a relationship with him but I needed to ask him something- that is all

• No matter how important what it is you need to ask him, his not answering you, probably is the only power he has over you. With passiveness there comes the flip side aggressiveness, and with holding information is his hostility toward you. So you'll get your information if you strong arm him for it, or not, this depends on how important the information is. If it's a question we could help answer it, yet if it's specific between the two of you, then only he holds the key to that and as long as he's hurting, you may never get an answer.

• How come he has your books anyways? I do agree that he has a right to not talk to you, he does have YOUR books. He's acting like a child by not giving you back your books.

If I had an ex that needed her stuff, I would gladly be happy to give it back to her. I wouldn't want to be reminded about her ass at all.

• Because I used to study at his house that's why my books are there

• There's a reason why you left him right? Keep it that way.

• There is a reason he is your ex. HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU. Stop stalking.

- Sincerely, his logic

• Stalking isn't two text messages weeks apart.. Just saying...

• He's just being unreasonable and it's my uni books I need and nothing else

• Yea, that is kinda unreasonable.

• You are a low priority.

• I totally get that but I would prefer and respect him more if he told me to piss off as I'm not sensitive at all. Saying something you have no intention of doing makes me lose helps respect for someone.

• Time to break in.

• Lol sound like something I have to do

What Girls Said 4

• but it is better, u can't be friends with an ex especially if u still feel for him. seemingly, he knows that u feel for him and is not interested in drama. i am just beng honest :)

• I can totally get that but just tell me that's the deal. I'm not going to cry about it, just keep it real. Can't take these bitch ni**az fronting like women can't handle their shit.

• yep he should know u, but it seems he wants to piss u because u dumped him. so whatever, u should care less

• Lol I know babe, I'm done he's bloody annoying me haha so it's working

• I guess he doesn't have any response to what you messaged him or he doesn't care at all to ever respond.

• Obviously he doesn't want to talk to you lol. Maybe if you ever understood the word ex-boyfriend you'd understand why he doesn't want to chat lol

• I had good reason to contact him. Usually I wouldn't contact him but I had to. Don't come on here trying to be smart as fuck. Why not ask questions to figure out my intentions for contacting him before you judge

• he could care less about you. you are an ex, he has nothing to prove to you and doesn't need to please you because you are nothing to him. why expect anything more than that?