If I've been friends with a guy for a little over a year (and in the friendzone), do I have a chance at dating him?

So I've been friends with this guy for a little over a year and we've grown super close. I've always had a crush on him but now I wanna try and pursue it. He is an EXTREMELY hard guy to read (one of his best friends who's known him for about 10 years still has trouble understanding him) and I feel I might be in the friendzone. Is there anyway I could get out of it? I know he's afraid of dating someone in the group because he doesn't want to ruin the friendship, but I'm still friends with guys (who i started off being friends with) who asked me out but I kindly denied. And multiple people in our group of friends (including most of his best friends) think we would be a cute couple. What does all this mean and what do I do now? I really want to date him and I know we would get along, I just don't know how to get through to him. (And yes, I flirt with him... not to much but enough for him to get the hint and he seems to like it but it never goes beyond that; there have been a few situations that could have been considered him flirting with me, but with him you can never tell)

Most Helpful Guy

• Make yourself vulnerable. Tell him how you feel and kiss him. You'll get your answer immediately. It will be difficult but if he's a good friend then he'll be able to move past it if he is not interested and if he is then you're golden.

What Guys Said 2

• Dream on. Dream on. Dream oooooooooooooon. Aeorsmith will aid in the moving on.

• No. Oh well.

What Girls Said 0