I need more confidence?

So I literally have no confidence and its so annoying. I try to gain confidence but I jet can't. because of that, I have a hard time talking to guys or going out with them. All of my guy friends say I need more confidence. How do I do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay so I had the same problem for the longest time. At one point I was like "screw this" and started joking about how awesome I was. After doing this a while, I realized that subconsciously I started liking myself better. The "fake it till you make it" mentality actually works with gaining self confidence.

Also, you should pay attention to things you like about yourself. Think about it objectively, as if you were watching yourself as a character on TV or in a book. What sort of things would you admire about you?

Acknowledging that you are awesome does not mean you are arrogant. Arrogant would mean that you think you are better than other people.

You should try looking at yourself in a more positive light for /you/. It shouldn't just be to please the people around you. Self-care is very important, for your mental and emotional life as well as your physical and social life. Good luck girlie! I hope this helps!

What Guys Said 3

• If you are not comfortable with yourself, no one will be comfortable with you. Just remember everyone else is a human being; everyone has flaws. Everyone needs to eat, sleep, poop, fart.
    There's no reason to feel of lesser value than others; wealth and intelligence doesn't mean a thing. Im sure you exceed the majority of people in something else which is of more worth.

• I'm having the same problem, but that doesn't mean I can't help you with yours.
    Just swallow all your shame and shyness and just talk to him. There's nothing wrong with talking. Just try to have a good conversation. A normal everyday conversation would be okay too. I wish you good luck, miss. :)

• The only way is to get over it. I had the same problem with girls. No confidence. Just say screw it to what's holding you back and go and talk to them. It's really easy

What Girls Said 1

• taking action and initiating