How do I stop being prude?

I have always been prude and I don't really know why! I always get crushes on guys and talk to them, but for some reason when I figure out they like me, I get totally turned off. I have had one relationship before, trying to get over being prude but when he tried to kiss me I got extremely nervous and literally told him to stop... it was so embarrassing! Since then I even avoid text messages from guys cause I'm literally scared they like me! I'm in high school and hoping to not miss out on awesome relationships because of my prude anxiety, any ideas to help?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not prudish that sounds like an extreme for of anxiety

• I do have an anxiety disorder, but it has nothing to do on how I view people. I think men are attractive and I like them, but when it gets intimate I get squeamish for some reason?

• You are not intimate with these people. Texting is not intimate. Knowing someone likes you is not intimate. Not kissing someone is not being intimate. Perhaps you are just not ready to date. Being a prude is a woman that will only have sex with the lights off, in missionary, while laying there like a dead fish, once a year as a birthday "present" to her husband.

What Guys Said 1

• Give a guy a chance

What Girls Said 7

• Maybe you have an anxiety disorder

• I was the exact same way you are.. I'm a junior in high and was prude like that up until a year ago when I found the right guy. he's the first guy I've been comfortable with ever. he was my first kiss all the way to losing my virginity to him. girls like us,it just takes the right guy. your time will come.. just try to have as much fun until the right guy comes around. good things come to those who wait!!!!

• Maybe watch p*rn or start masturbating so you can be comfortable with sex? I'm not sure why you would be bothered by a guy liking you and wanting to kiss you. You don't sound like a prude you just sound nervous and inexperienced.

• Just relax honestly
    Stop being paranoid

• Honestly i used to be super prude so i watched porn and now its all gucci

• Schiller

• Think before talking